Each and every time I make chocolate chip cookies I think of Phoebe on “Friends”.
Remember the episode where she talks about her French Grandmother and her Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Phoebe: “Neslay Toollouse”
Monica: “Nestle Toll House?!?”
Phoebe: “You Americans always butcher the French language”.
LOL! GO HERE if you don’t know what I’m talking about.
Ok. This post is not about Phoebe. Sorry. But it is about someone very special!
You see, today is a great day! Today I get to see my Mommy!
I sound like I’m 10 again, but it’s MOM…it’s okay to be 10, again, around Mom.
It’s been two months since my Mom went to visit my sister in Macedonia, and we have missed her a lot. Especially my daughter – she LOVES her Baba!
SO to celebrate her return I made her some treats that contain two of her favorite ingredients; white chocolate and oranges.
I argue with her that white chocolate is not chocolate, but she doesn’t agree. And, if it’s not white chocolate, then I better serve her something with Toblerone. Not bad choices.
In as far as the recipe for these cookies… well… no secrets here. I just turn to the back of the Nestle Tollhouse bag, and only tweak a couple of things.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter (16 tablespoons), softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 oz) white chocolate chip cookies
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer cream butter and sugars until light and creamy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Add in the flour mixture, tablespoon at a time, until well combined.
- Stir in orange zest and white chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown around edges.
- Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints: 2
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy