A sweet and boozy Tropical Banana Pound Cake made with coconut milk, rum, lime juice, bananas, and a sprinkle of shredded coconut.
You know how on Sunday you try to catch up with house work, yard work, and more house work, and Pinterest? And then come Monday, you’re like, damn, wish I could just relax today… Isn’t it supposed to be the other way around? Rest on Sunday, work on Monday?
So. It’s been way too long since we discussed cake. I made you a Chocolate Kahlua Cake a while back and we haven’t had one since. That cake was a boozy one as well.
Think I might have a slight infatuation with drunk desserts…
I even made a Boozy Chocolate Dipping Sauce.
Too bad I can’t hang with more than one shot of tequila. The dirty-30’s and I met up one January day and all that alcohol tolerance left me together with my twenties!
Aaaaaanyways… This cake.
It’s boozy. Aaaand it’s really good. Don’t have to take my word for it. Just make it and you’ll see. What else are you gonna do with all those black bananas?!
See!? Now you have a reason to keep them until a million fruit flies start to fly around. I know… ewwwww! But, it’s true – the darker the banana, the better the cake.
You can also throw in fun things like coconut milk, lime juice, RUM! A burst of the tropics are about to meet your mouth! Get ‘er Done!!
And while you are here, it might be a good idea to enter this little Giveaway for $500 bucks! Scroll down past the recipe and ENTER! GOOD LUCK!
Tropical Banana Pound Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 overripe banana , mashed
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (you can also use regular milk)
- 1/4 cup Malibu Rum
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (2 to 3 limes)
- 1-1/2 sticks butter , softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut for topping
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease two 9-inch loaf pans or one 10-inch bundt pan with butter and dust with flour; set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium-size mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine mashed banana, milk, rum and lime juice.
- In your mixer's bowl beat butter on medium-high until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add both sugars and vanilla, and continue to beat until thoroughly combined and no lumps appear.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating each egg until well incorporated.
- On low speed, add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternately with the banana mixture; beat until well incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan(s) and top with shredded coconut. *If using a bundt pan, sprinkle the shredded coconut onto the bottom of the pan before pouring in the batter.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
Welcome to the $500 Summer Breeze Cash Giveaway!
We’ve joined forces with a great group of bloggers to bring you this fabulous giveaway. One lucky person will win $500 cash.
Enter to win $500 cash via PayPal.
Complete the tasks below to earn entries into this giveaway.
Refer your friends using your unique link to earn even more chances to win.
This giveaway was coordinated by Giveaway Promote.
If you’re a blogger and would like to participate in a future giveaway event like this one, sign up for Giveaway Promote’s weekly giveaway events newsletter.