The Best M&M Cookies – Soft, buttery and irresistible M&M Cookies!
There goes that famous cookie-pose again. Vogue, vogue, vogue!
Now that I’ve got that song in your head, lets talk cookies.
I am dubbing these as “the best m&m cookies” because, according to my taste buds, they are!
I have tweaked and tweaked this recipe over and over and over again. I think I have finally got it. It’s in the butter. Or lack thereof.
Yep. No butter.
Instead, you are going to go past your butter and reach for the shortening.
We are talking about taste here, and the vegetable shortening makes a huge difference in the taste and the texture. Oh the texture is just amazing! Trust me.
If you do not want to use shortening, it’s okay. Go ahead and replace it with a cup of butter.
The Bestest M&M Cookies – EVER!
(makes about 40 cookies)
The Best M&M Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup M&M’s milk chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In your electric mixer’s bowl, mix together the sugars, shortening, eggs, and vanilla.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and blend it all together.
- Fold in the M&M’s. (If you like, you can add in more M&M’s)
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
- Vogue, vogue, vogue!