Some of you may remember my excitement right before the NFC Championship Game this year. I was so hyped up for that game, I found it hard to keep my composure. Unfortunately, that was short-lived; the Bears lost to our biggest rival, Green Bay Packers. Now the Packers will be at the Super Bowl waving their yellow and green in my face, AND, to top it off, I have to look at all those cheeseheads all day on Sunday! Ahem, Cutler!
In a recent study released today on CBS moneywatch.com, Chicago drivers lose on average of $1,750 a year getting stuck in the AM and PM traffic rush by wasting time and not doing anything.
In contrast, a similar study shows that Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler made $8,333 per minute at the NFC Championship Game against Green Bay also by getting stuck in the rush, wasting time and not doing anything!
Food for thought, buddy!
Can you tell that I’m still depressed, bummed out, disappointed, etc… Too many negative adjectives to add.
GO STEELERS! (Watch them lose – knock on wood – and then I’ll have to watch the GB’s celebrate…nooooooooooooo!)
Q: What do you call a pretty girl in Green Bay?
Super Bowl Sliders
Healthier, stunning, and delicious!
You will need:
- 1 pound ground turkey meat
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- ½ cup chopped firm cheese of your choice, at room temperature (for turkey burgers my favorite is a yellow, aged, sheep milk cheese )
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 – 2 ripe but firm pears
- 12 mini burger buns
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, shredded and dressed
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced crosswise
- Dijon Mustard (optional)
Dressing for Romaine lettuce salad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Peel the pears, core them, and cut them crosswise into thin slices and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the meat, thyme, onions, salt and pepper. Using your hands, knead together lightly.
- Form the mixture into 24 small, evenly sized balls.
- Make a small depression in 12 of the turkey patties. Fill them with a little mound of cheese, dividing it evenly among them.
- Top with the remaining patties, and then pinch them together around the cheese. Make sure the stuffing is completely enclosed.
- Season the meat on both sides with salt and pepper.
- At this point you can either grill these or put a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the burgers, turning once or twice for about 4 minutes on each side. Be gentle when you flip them. (FYI: I grilled mine on my indoor grill; Wolfgang Puck’s Hot Grill and Griddle – they were perfect!)
- While the burgers cook, toast the buns on the outer perimeter of the grill or in a toaster oven.
- When the burgers are done, remove them to a warm platter, and let rest for several minutes. Meanwhile, in the remaining olive oil add the pear slices, or place them on the grill and cook until warm and a bit browned on both sides.
- Prepare your dressing in a mixing bowl by adding in olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and Dijon mustard. Whisk it until well combined.
- Pour it over the shredded lettuce and toss.
- To build the burgers, arrange a bit of the salad on the bottom bun. Follow it up with a slice of pear, the turkey burger, a slice of soft cheese (optional), and a ring of red onions. If you want, spread Dijon mustard on the top bun, then skewer securely together. Serve warm.
- The Steelers logo only appears on the right side of their helmet because their owners didn’t want to spend too much money in case the logo didn’t look good.
- The Packers are the only publicly-owned team in American pro sports. Current NFL rules bar any other team from being publicly-owned.
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy