Snickers and Turtles Pie. Can we call it Snickurtle ???
I don’t know what/who/how to name this pie… it’s a pie where a snickers bar and a turtle candy meet and make a baby.
Then their baby is frozen.
And then that baby will soon become your new favorite ice cream/pie/cheesecake.
But there isn’t an actual snickers bar nor a turtle candy in there. It’s all homemade.
Look at that delicious mess!
I got this recipe from a friend’s mom. She brought this pie to my Bridal Shower few years back, and I just about died! I saw heaven as soon as I bit into it. (I really hope that there’s frozen pies in heaven…keeping my fingers crossed.)
I hunted her down a few days after my shower and we finally got her mom to give up the recipe. I thought it was going to be this extensive recipe with some intimidating method that I was going to be afraid to try… thank goodness it was none of that. It is soooo easy! The hardest part is waiting for it to freeze.
Like 5 hours. But it’s worth it!
The first time I made it I inhaled it; no surprise there.
The next time I made it my dad and I wolfed it down in one sitting. Two forks, one pie, and a father-daughter conversation.
We plan to repeat that today. The pie is in the freezer – chillin’.
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs or Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter , melted
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups thawed whipped topping
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans , toasted and divided
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping + more for drizzling on top
- 3 to 4 tablespoons melted chocolate for topping
- In a mixing bowl mix together the crumbs and melted butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- In your electric mixer’s bowl beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and peanut butter. Mix well.
- Toast the pecans over medium heat for 3 minutes on your stovetop – shake them frequently so they don’t burn.
- Add the whipped topping and half of the toasted pecans to the cream cheese mixture; blend well.
- On the bottom of the cookie crust spread 1/4 cup of caramel ice cream topping.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the caramel.
- Freeze for 3 hours.
- Take out the pie and spread the rest of the pecans over the top.
- Melt some chocolate and drizzle it with a spoon across the entire pie.
- When done with the chocolate, get the caramel topping and drizzle some more.
- Put it back in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Keep it frozen.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
I’m linking this up to Foodbeast. Check out their awesome site for all food-related news.
Happy Father’s Day!