Beautiful green apples dipped in melted marshmallows, then chocolate, and finished off with a sprinkle of ground graham crackers.
It’s official, guys. Fall is here.
Yesterday I worked on organizing my closet, preparing for the following months – boots, light sweaters, heavy sweaters, yoga pants, more yoga pants, jeans, and more jeans. Which reminds me…I need to go and get another pair to add to the 20 pairs that I already have… and only wear about 3 of those pairs.
Oh, puhlease! You probably have 38 pairs and do the same.
After my dress-up episode, I celebrated the first day of Fall with this Skillet Apple Berry Pie (SO!GOOD!) and the last of these S’Mores Apples.
I am SO NOT a Taffy Apple girl. I mean, it’s cool to have like half of one, but then I’m done. However, that lasted only up until I grew up and started to make my own variations. You know what’s really, really good? My Taffy Apple Shortbread Bars. Goodness gracious, they are awesome! But, so are these apples! They are, just, WOW! They transformed me!
I went from not into the whole sweet, gooey apple thing (unless it was a pie) to an obsessed fan! I have to be honest with you – these are my new obsession. How can they not be?! We’re talking about all the S’Mores goodness around a delicious Granny Smith. Can you taste it? Delish, right?! I knooooow!
I made a lot of these last week. And I thought they really were a lot until we bit into them. Swear, my husband and I had 6, each. My poor kids… the S’Mores Apples were meant for them, but that didn’t happen. Dad and I inhaled ’em. I had to make another batch the other day to make it up to them. These things happen. It’s all good. I don’t mind whipping up a few more. Trust me. 🙂
You should also trust me when I say that these need to make it near your face, soon.
- 6 medium Granny Smith Apples
- 6 popsicle sticks
- 1 (10.5-oz) bag miniature marshmallows
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 (12-oz.) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup ground graham crackers
- Wash and dry the apples.
- Remove stems and skewer a popsicle stick in each apple; set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and grease with cooking spray; place in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Place butter in a saucepan and cook over medium-low heat until it melts.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove apples from fridge and dip each apple into the melted marshmallows mixture and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Place in the fridge.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate chips.
- Put chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and add 2 tablespoons oil.
- Cook for 40 seconds on full power; stir and continue to cook checking at 15-second intervals, stirring each time.
- Stop heating when most of the chips are melted. There should be a few chunks left; stir until smooth.
- Place the ground graham crackers in a bowl.
- Remove apples from fridge and dip each apple into the melted chocolate, rotating to coat evenly.
- Dip chocolate-covered apples into the ground graham crackers, and coat on all sides.
- Put the apples back on the lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.