Truth be told, we really do eat breakfast for dinner on Fridays. It’s quick, (that’s very important), always delicious, (just as important), and we can all agree on a meal with eggs, including our 11-month old.
When I was selected for the Breakfast After Dark campaign with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!, I knew exactly what I was going to make; Smoked Sausage and Feta Cheese Frittata. This meal is all kinds of awesome. Seriously. And, let’s be frank, it has been long enough since we last talked about feta cheese – I was starting to miss it!
I decided to dice up some of that smoked sausage I bought from the deli and give it a little love, in combination with feta cheese and eggs! We have always enjoyed eating this type of sausage with eggs, either on the side or scrambled in.
Apart from spreading this delicious buttery spread all over my toast, I also like to cook with it. In this case, I used it to cook the sausage. When a recipe calls for butter or oil, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! works just as well. AND, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! has 70% less saturated fat than butter, no hydrogenated oils and it is made from a blend of vegetable oils. Their products are also gluten free.
After watching the beautiful Lisa Vanderpump and that hot chef, Dustin, cook up a Veggie Frittata, I thought I should definitely include my Frittata in this post and show you how versatile I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! really is.
Grab that skillet because dinner will be ready in 15 minutes!
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- 7- ounces smoked sausage , sliced into 1/8-inch rounds (1/2 of a 14 oz. package)
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- Preheat oven to broil setting.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together eggs, mayonnaise, and parsley.
- Stir in feta cheese and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Add I Can't Believe It's Not Butter to pan and melt over medium heat.
- Add rounds of sausage and cook for 1 minute; flip and continue to cook for a minute longer.
- Stir in minced garlic, and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Pour in the egg mixture and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place pan into oven and broil for 4 minutes, or until browned and fluffy.