Mulled Wine is a red wine infused with fruits and spices and served warm. This traditional European drink is popular around the holidays and served at Christmas markets worldwide.
Are you ready for tomorrow? Are you sure you’re prepared for the crowd entering your home? Do you have everything? Gifts, food, dress, food? Drinks? Yeah, drinks! There is no party without some spirits and wine.
Allow me to help you out with that answer; No.
Moreover, allow me to help you out with the drinks part. How about we create a delicious hot beverage in the slow cooker? Mulled Wine is a great option! All we have to do is turn the slow cooker dial on low and forget about it until it is time to serve.
You can thank me for that after the holidays when you realize that I saved you a few hours and headaches.
We love wine. Underline, Bold, Italicize, Caps – LOVE. Now you definitely know how much we love wine.
But this time of year, we like our wine a bit spiced. And warm. Don’t you? That is why it was a no-brainer for me when I was given this assignment.
Grab a bottle of wine, an orange, some cinnamon sticks, cloves, ginger root, and BOURBON! 🥃 Let’s do this!
Mulled Wine Recipe
- 750 ml red wine, I use Merlot, (1 bottle)
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 whole orange, peeled, segmented
- 6 whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 small piece of ginger root, (about 1-inch piece), thinly sliced
- ½ cup Maker’s Mark Bourbon
- ¼ cup honey, or to taste, optional
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker pot.
- Stir and cover.
- Cook on LOW for 4 hours or on HIGH for 2 hours.
- Ladle into mugs without the spices.
- When serving, take the lid off and leave the slow cooker on LOW or WARM.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.