Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries Stir Fry – You are going to love this easy, quick and simple side dish for delicious shaved brussels sprouts and cranberries stir fry!
THIS is one of my favorite go-to (can I say Thanksgiving, yet?!) side dishes when I can’t think of anything else. A quick and simple way to Brussels Sprouts Stir Fry with minimum ingredients.
Oh hi, friend! Come, sit by me. Let’s have a chat.
Funny thing is, I forgot what I was going to chat about! Don’t you hate it when that happens? Ugh.
In Macedonia, they say that happens because someone cursed out your mother at the very minute that you were going to talk about something specific. Sounds legit, right?
So! Now I have nothing to say. sigh…
But, some say silence is golden.
That’s why silence and I have never met! I’m always yapping.
I could try to tell you about how much this stir fry rocks! But you can look at it and say, “ewwww, that cabbage smelling thing? Get away from me now!”. And I can come back at you and say “just try it, woman! It’s freakin’ awesome! AND good for you!”.
FYI: Brussels sprouts are rich in many awesome nutrients including, protein, iron and potassium.
I would also argue that they are the most delicious green veg on the planet.
Just look at this little shaved sprouts and cranberries mess. Just look at it… it’s how we shall love it.
You need to make and eat this faster than you can say, “I don’t like brussels sprouts”, while making that pouty face and crossing your arms at your chest as you did when you were 5!
P.S. I think I might just have taken care of one of your Holiday side dishes. YOU’RE WELCOME! My pleasure! Always!
…in case you were wondering, yes, I’m still addicted to exclamation points and shouting…
Bye Bye Bye!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries Stir Fry
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil or vegetable oil
- 4 shallots , thinly sliced
- 3 green onions , white and green parts, divided
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (you can use less or more)
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- fresh ground black pepper , to taste
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds , toasted
- salt , to taste
- Trim the ends off the Brussels sprouts.
- Cut each Brussels sprout in half, from top to bottom.
- Lay it flat and slice into fine shreds, or you can also use a mandoline.
- Heat oil in 12-inch wok over medium-high heat. You can also use a large skillet.
- Add the shallots and cook for 2 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in white parts of the green onions and cranberries; saute for 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, and black pepper; cook and stir for about 1 minute, or until everything is heated through and thoroughly combined.
- Season to taste with salt if necessary.
- Remove from heat.
- Toss with toasted sesame seeds.
- Garnish with green parts of the green onions.
*This can be easily doubled.
WW SmartPoints: 10
TOOLS USED IN RECIPE: