Judging by some of the comments and emails I received regarding my last post, it seems as if though I was either unclear or I was misunderstood. I think I was misunderstood. Blame it on my accent. (I don’t really have one)
Some of my readers seem to think that I might be a food snob?!? Me?! The girl that makes Pistachio Pudding from a box?
I am far from a food snob – and I do not aspire to become one, either.
The hosts of that party invited us to a “Dinner Party”, and they made it sound as if the party was going to be some sort of a Black-Tie Affair. They even asked me to bring, “that incredible” Chocolate Pie.
I spent four hours on that Chocolate Pie, plus chill time. They spent an hour at Sam’s to buy all the pre-packaged food, and probably another hour to set up.
Again, don’t get me wrong, I do not care that they bought it all from Sam’s, I just wish I wasn’t told that this was going to be a fancy, shmancy “Dinner Party”.
So now I am going to prove to some that I am definitely not a food snob, and that I do make things that come in a box! 🙂
Take this pizza for instance. You will probably never ever see me at a Pizza Hut, but you will definitely see me in the Baking Aisle at the grocery store reaching to grab one of these pouches:
I’ve blogged about this before. It is my favorite mix for a pizza crust and I use it very often.
Sunday was a day to relax, so instead of whipping up something from scratch, I decided that we were going to have a semi-homemade pizza, topped with cream cheese, ham, mozzarella, parmesan, onions, and baby portobella mushrooms.
Semi-Homemade Cream Cheese Pizza
You will need:
- 1 Betty Crocker Pizza Crust mix
- 1/4 (2 oz.) of a package of cream cheese, or you can use Neufchatel cheese
- 1/2 cup baby portobella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup of your favorite ham, diced, or you can use leftover baked/grilled sliced chicken
- 1 small onion, red or yellow, sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup of part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven at 450.
- Make the dough according to the directions on the package.
- Bake the dough for 7 minutes.
- Let it cool.
- Turn the oven down to 400.
- Once cooled, spread the cream cheese evenly over the crust.
- Add the rest of the toppings.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the mozzarella cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with a handful of parmesan cheese, cut and serve.
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy