Delicious Peanut Butter Cheesecake topped with Jelly and sandwiched in between Saltine crackers.
What a week…what. a. week! Welcome back, Friday!
First of all, what is going on with this weather?! I know I keep talking about it, but last week I was sweating like a pig, and this week I am searching for my sweaters! Mr. Gore, are you messing with me again?!
Let’s just stick to talking about food, shall we?
Today I am going to solve all our problems with peanut butter. In fact, we really need to talk about these Saltines Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake Sandwiches. No. It can’t wait.
I stand here before you with a big smile on my face – it stretches from ear to ear! That is how EXCITED I am about these Cheesecake Sandwiches. They are crunchy, silky, peanut buttery, sweet and salty. In one word – FAB!
You see, I’m in the middle of a PB & J love affair. 15 years and counting…
However, one of my all-time faaaaavorite snacks is peanut butter and jelly with saltine crackers. Fave!!! Thus, this dessert was a no-brainer for me.
Truth – I have finished an entire jar of PB in one sitting by spreading it on cracker after cracker… Self control does not live in these parts.
Truth #2 – I made a large batch of these sandwiches a while back and not one was left for me to possibly photograph. Or just enjoy one more… We tore ’em up! There was saltine crumbs everywhere. I hated the cleanup afterwards. BUT, it was damn worth it.
Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
Just IN case you do, here it is:
Warning! Do not make these unless you are prepared to tear ’em up! This is the kind of dessert that you eat without realizing that you just finished your fifth samwich. Aaaaand you’re ready to dig into the sixth. Of course you would have to be a fan of all components to do that; Peanut Butter, Jelly, Cheesecake, and Saltines. Or soda crackers. I love them all. Equally.
P.S. No baking involved.
- 1 package (8-ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tub (8-ounces) whipped topping
- 48 Saltine Crackers (soda crackers)
- 1-1/2 cups of your favorite Jelly
- In your mixer's bowl combine cream cheese and peanut butter; beat until smooth.
- Add vanilla and salt; continue to beat until incorporated.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in whipped topping and continue to gently fold until smooth.
- Cover a large pan or plate with aluminum foil.
- Line up 24 crackers.
- Using a spoon, evenly divide peanut butter cheesecake and top each cracker with it.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from freezer and top peanut butter cheesecake with jelly.
- Top each sandwich with remaining crackers.
- Put back in the freezer for an additional 20 minutes, or until set.
- Keep refrigerated.
Linked to Tidy Mom’s I’m Lovin’ It