These creamy, rich and cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms are bursting with a delicious mixture of chunky salsa, crispy bacon and cheese. An easy mushroom appetizer recipe!
HAPPY SUPER BOWL DAY!!!
I loooove this holiday. Yes, I said holiday. The Super Bowl is a food holiday. Didn’t you know? Yaha…it is. <— Said in my “Ross Gellar” voice.
Who are we rooting for? Who’s the favorite? Where are they playing? I’m clueless.
You know this already, but if the Bears aren’t playing, I don’t have a clue about what’s going on. Also? If the Cubs aren’t there, I pretty much don’t care.
Have I told you that I love stuffed foods? I LOVE! stuffed foods!! <— I’m screaming!
Ok. Compose yourself…
Ok. So. While this recipe isn’t anything groundbreaking (yes, it is), it’s still an appetizer that I can’t wait to attack later on today! Do you even want to know how craaaazy delicious these stuffed mushrooms are?
Well. There’s mushrooms… and they are stuffed with bacon and cheese and chunky salsa. And they are baked until they get all gooey and cheesy on you.
Bacon is like key to all things simple and delicious. Cheese is key to all things creamy and gooey. Mushrooms is key to all things stuffed.
I’m telling ya… wow. I was so impressed with moi. Just sayin’.
I don’t wanna keep you here too long since there’s a game to watch, but I’mma tell you one thing – go get some ‘shrooms and make these while there’s still a few hours before kickoff.
Okay. Bye! GO TEAM GO!
These creamy & cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms are bursting with a delicious mixture of chunky salsa, crispy bacon & cheese. An easy mushroom appetizer recipe!
- 16 Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 package (8-oz) cream cheese, softened
- 4 slices thick bacon , cooked to a crisp, crumbled, reserving 1 tablespoon for garnish
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and grease with cooking spray; set aside.
- Clean mushrooms with a damp cloth.
- Remove stems and finely chop them.
- Transfer chopped stems to a large mixing bowl and add cream cheese, crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, salsa, garlic powder, pepper and parsley.
- Mix it all together until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps.
- Transfer mushrooms to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until mixture begins to melt.
- Remove from oven and garnish with reserved bacon.
RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD
WW SmartPoints: 5
MORE “STUFFED” APPETIZERS:
Sign up to get new recipes via email & get an ebook with 9 favorite Thanksgiving Side Dishes!