These creamy, rich and cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms are bursting with a delicious mixture of chunky salsa, crispy bacon and cheese. An easy mushroom appetizer recipe!
HAPPY SUPER BOWL DAY!!!
I loooove this holiday. Yes, I said holiday. The Super Bowl is a food holiday. Didn’t you know? Yaha…it is. <— Said in my “Ross Gellar” voice.
Who are we rooting for? Who’s the favorite? Where are they playing? I’m clueless.
You know this already, but if the Bears aren’t playing, I don’t have a clue about what’s going on. Also? If the Cubs aren’t there, I pretty much don’t care.
Have I told you that I love stuffed foods? I LOVE! stuffed foods!! <— I’m screaming!
Ok. Compose yourself…
Ok. So. While this recipe isn’t anything groundbreaking (yes, it is), it’s still an appetizer that I can’t wait to attack later on today! Do you even want to know how craaaazy delicious these stuffed mushrooms are?
Well. There’s mushrooms… and they are stuffed with bacon and cheese and chunky salsa. And they are baked until they get all gooey and cheesy on you.
Bacon is like key to all things simple and delicious. Cheese is key to all things creamy and gooey. Mushrooms is key to all things stuffed.
I’m telling ya… wow. I was so impressed with moi. Just sayin’.
I don’t wanna keep you here too long since there’s a game to watch, but I’mma tell you one thing – go get some ‘shrooms and make these while there’s still a few hours before kickoff.
Okay. Bye! GO TEAM GO!
Salsa Bacon and Cheese Dip Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 package (8-oz) cream cheese, softened
- 4 slices thick bacon , cooked to a crisp, crumbled, reserving 1 tablespoon for garnish
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and grease with cooking spray; set aside.
- Clean mushrooms with a damp cloth.
- Remove stems and finely chop them.
- Transfer chopped stems to a large mixing bowl and add cream cheese, crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, salsa, garlic powder, pepper and parsley.
- Mix it all together until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps.
- Transfer mushrooms to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until mixture begins to melt.
- Remove from oven and garnish with reserved bacon.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
MORE “STUFFED” APPETIZERS:
Bacon and Mushrooms Stuffed Peppers
Ricotta and Orzo Stuffed Tomatoes
Quinoa and Spinach Stuffed Tomatoes
9 comments on “Salsa Bacon and Cheese Dip Stuffed Mushrooms”
It’s really too bad that we had already established a winning football appetizer superstition (GO SEAHAWKS! OMG THEY ACTUALLY WON!) with spinach artichoke dip, sine stuffed things are, as has been noted, delicious.
For anyone interested in stuffing things with other things, check out Romanian food. They do a lot of that sort of thing.
I love that you love stuffed foods! I love them too and what an awesome collection of recipes. I cannot wait to give those mushrooms a try!
I love stuffed food too! I could make a meal on these! 🙂
Oh yeah these are super smart lady! Nice!
Mushrooms means veggies which means healthy. Right?
I love these! Stuffed = good. Very good.
I could eat a bunch of these and still want more. They look amazing. Talk about a perfect bite!
These mushrooms look so yummy! Really cute, I would probably finish like..20 of them 😀
I love stuffed mushrooms and these look killer, perfect for the big game!