Roasted Red Pepper Sandwiches with Herbed Goat Cheese Served on Focaccia Bread
- Make the focaccia bread first.
For the Roasted Peppers
- To roast the peppers , preheat the broiler and line a sheet pan with parchment paper, or grease it lightly.
- Cut peppers in half , lengthwise, and remove the seeds and stems.
- Place peppers cut side down on the sheet pan.
- Broil for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place the peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Peel when cooled.
For the Herbed Goat Cheese Spread
- In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients except for the goat cheese , mix well.
- Coat the goat cheese with the mixture , press the mixture into the cheese with a fork and combine well.
- Cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. If you have the time , prepare this a day ahead; the longer it sits, the better it tastes.
- Assembling the Sandwiches:
- Spread the herbed goat cheese on two squared slices of focaccia.
- Layer the portobello mushrooms on one slice, then follow up with the roasted pepper.
- Cover with a slice of focaccia, and serve.