This Roasted Mussels with Garlic-Butter Crumbs recipe is made with mussels topped with garlic butter crumbs. It’s a perfect appetizer idea, or can be served over pasta for a delicious dinner. Very quick, SO delicious, and eeeeeasy!
AN EASY MUSSELS RECIPE
Everyone’s over here like, working on their Superbowl menu, liiiike? and I’m like, what’s for Valentine’s Day dinner?!? Mussels, of course!
Hello Hello! Wednesday, you’re beautiful! …that’s a lie.
It’s windy, it’s freezing cold, and it’s raining. ON the bright side; no snow. Yet.
Remind me again, why I haven’t moved to a very warm State? Duh!
More importantly, it’s been way too long since we discussed garlic butter. Right?! You know what’s up!
So in terms of discussing, I guess I’m just going to tell you that I made these mussels. In fact, I roasted DEEZ mussels. How’s that for better taste? Everything that is roasted becomes my new favorite. I used to hate green beans, but once I roasted them? WOOOOT! I was IN!
Same thing happened here.
My husband loves to slurrrrp up them mussels. ME? Not so much.
…until? … that’s right. Until the oven winked at me and said, Come hither, and use me. USE me so those mussels becometh the love of thy life .
She was right! BUT not before I added some garlic to it all. In butter form. Mixed in with bread crumbs. Err! Panko crumbs!
I swear that a little goes a long way and it really makes the mussels POP. The crunch, especially, blew my mind.
But it goes without saying that any type of garlic-butter combo is always the part I love in a recipe, and given my fascination with that, it was only a matter of time before I added it to all my seafood. And veg.
You know what, though? It’s even better when you add all of these pretty little mussels over a mound of pasta. SO GOOD!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Roasted Mussels with Garlic-Butter Crumbs
- 2- pounds fresh mussels , washed and scrubbed (if frozen, thaw before using)
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary leaves (from about 1 sprig)
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- chopped fresh parsley , for garnish
- Preheat oven to 500F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add vegetable broth to a soup pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the mussels; cover with a lid and continue to cook over high heat for 4 minutes, or until they open.
- Remove from heat.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer mussels to previously prepared baking sheet.
- Discard the empty half of each shell.
- Spoon a drizzle of the cooking broth over each shell and set aside.
- Melt butter over medium-heat in a nonstick skillet.
- Add garlic and cook for 3 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring very frequently. DO NOT burn the garlic.
- Stir in the rosemary, and continue to cook for a few more seconds.
- Remove from heat.
- Add panko crumbs, salt and pepper; stir until moistened and well combined.
- Spoon prepared crumbs over the mussels.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 4 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
WW SmartPoints: 6 Inspired by [Food and Wine
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE: