The past few Fridays all of the titles of my posts have read, “French Fridays with Dorie:…”.
Not today. Obviously.
Today’s French assignment was Roasted Rhubarb. I can do that! I’ve done that!
But, guess what? Rhubarb season is over. Well, at least according to the clerks at five different farmer’s markets.
I gave up looking after the 5th market. I even went to the grocery store hoping for canned or frozen rhubarb. No luck.
So, instead of rhubarb, I roasted mangoes! Not bad, right?
Over the years I have made a number of mango recipes; ice cream, chutney, pie… I even made a bread with mango. I didn’t like that.
My favorite way to eat a mango, though, is roasted. It’s sweet, it’s simple, and it’s a really nice complement to a scoop of vanilla ice cream. A la mode! mmmmmm! Or you can just eat it right from the baking dish. I always do that.
Roasted Mango with Brown Sugar and Walnuts
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cut the mangoes and scoop out the flesh into a medium-sized bowl.
- In the same bowl combine the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Pour the mango mixture into a baking dish and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until browned on top.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
Please hop over to French Fridays with Dorie and check out my fellow Doristas and their Roasted Rhubarb.