For the reason that we grow peppers in my garden, I usually come up with creative ways to use them; pepper jams, pepper sandwiches, pepper spreads, etc… This Ricotta & Roasted Peppers Spread is one of my favorites because I get to incorporate one of the best foods out there; feta cheese!
You will need:
- 1 tub of Low-Fat Ricotta cheese
- 2 bell peppers, roasted, skin peeled, chopped
- 1/2 cup of feta, crumbled
- 4 tbsp. of non-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Crackers, Whole Grain
- Put the chopped roasted peppers and the minced garlic inside of a mixing bowl; blend and mash with a pestle, or you can use a fork.
- Mix in the red pepper flakes.
- In a separate bowl bring together the yogurt, feta, and the Ricotta cheese; add to the pepper mixture.
- Blend well and put it in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving on a platter with crackers.