Delicious and decadent Red Wine Creme Brulee, full of flavor, sealed with a perfectly crunchy and caramelized topping.
Hi, lovely friends! Happy Monday!
Wanna talk about keepin’ it classy? Over the weekend, I went to a gathering of sorts. I was all dolled up – I got my hair did, my makeup done… I was bringin’ it!
Then I had a bottle of wine…
All class went out the window. 😉
How was your weekend?!
But. This. This Red Wine Creme Brulee = classy. And elegant, and creamy, and rich, and hot dang, delicious! Goodness gracious, this was SO GOOD!
You know, I make creme brulee kind of often… we like it. Especially me. I like creamy desserts. I say no to cupcakes and cookies, but never, have I ever EVER said no to creamy, decadent desserts.
Whatever you do, PUHLEASE do not dismiss this dessert as something that might be complicated… it’s not! If you know how to whisk egg yolks, and pour heavy cream in a saucepan, you’re set. Just don’t pour the hot milk mixture into the egg yolks all at once, unless you want scrambled eggs for dessert, instead of creme brulee.
In case you’re wondering what hubby and I will be enjoying on Valentine’s Day for dessert, it won’t be this. Only because we already enjoyed it last weekend. I’m thinking about making that French Silk Tart – it’s been a while.
But YOU! You should totally make it and enjoy it with your other half. It’s slightly tangy, it’s perfectly sweet, and it brings a lovely romantic touch.
Also. It’s naturally gluten-free! So, for those that have been asking me about gluten-free desserts, TA-DA! Here you go!
Also? How do you feel about a KitchenAid Stand Mixer?! Because I’m kind of giving one away! WOOOOT! A few of my bloggy friends and I are sponsoring this giveaway – if you have a moment, please scroll down and pay them a visit by clicking on their links!
- 6 egg yolks , room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 to 6 cups boiling water
- raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 315.
- Place 6 ramekins in a roasting pan that is at least 3 inches deep; set aside.
- Whisk together egg yolks, vanilla, and wine until combined; set aside.
- In a saucepan set over medium heat, stir together cream and sugar; cook until it begins to boil and all sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and slowly add 1/3 of the hot cream mixture into the egg mixture, whisking and adding a few tablespoons at a time until incorporated. Continue to add the remaining cream mixture.
- Pour prepared custard mixture into ramekins.
- Fill roasting pan with boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from oven and place ramekins on a wire rack.
- Allow to cool to room temperature; about 1 hour.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat broiler.
- Unwrap the custards, and sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of raw sugar onto each.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and broil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until sugar is melted and browned.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Serve cold.
"Total Time" includes refrigeration time. RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD
WW SmartPoints 19
YOU CAN ALSO TRY:
1. Raspberry Coconut Cheesecake Quinoa Bites with Dark Chocolate Glaze from Food Faith Fitness
2. Strawberry Glazed Vanilla Bean Doughnuts from Girl vs. Dough
3. Pink Vanilla Cupcakes from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
4. Valentine’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars from Cooking for Keeps
5. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Tarts from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
6. Cream Cheese Funfetti Cookies from The Messy Baker
7. Cinnamon French Toast Lattes from A Kitchen Addiction
8. …… from Baker by Nature
9. Dark Chocolate Pancakes from Eat. Drink. Love.
10. Red Wine Creme Brulee from Diethood
11. Bid Dipper Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake!
12. Peppermint Bark Brownies from Jen’s Favorite Cookies
13. Berry Cheesecake Bars (skinny, no-bake) from Roxana’s Easy Home Baking
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy