This post is brought to you in collaboration with SheKnows. All opinions are 100% my own.
Pumpkin Granola – Crunchy and delicious pumpkin granola made with rolled oats, pumpkin puree, Fall spices, pumpkin seeds, and dried fruits. Healthy, quick and SO easy to make!
HALLOOOO, internet friends! Last week, this granola was my breakfast, this was my snack, and it was my dessert after dinner.
Why pumpkin, you ask? Because it’s September. It’s in “season”. Pumpkin = late Summer, early Fall, all of Fall, and Winter, too.
Who would’ve thought that pumpkin would be so trendy?! I blame and THANK Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Lattes for all of it.
At the very least, I waited until mid-September before posting about pumpkin – I couldn’t wait NO MO’!
Do you know what “granola” really IS? In simple terms, it’s crazy expensive to buy toasted oats mixed with many ingredients you can’t pronounce and a boat load of sugar. BUT, make it at home and homemade granola is suddenly a smart choice because it’s clean, and it’s loaded with fiber, antioxidants, protein and calcium.
Crunchy, hearty and sweet, this is the sort of granola you can eat like cereal with cold milk, or you can be like me and eat it by the handful, straight out of the jar.
When I’m not geeking out about Pumpkin Granola, you can find a jar of my Maple Nut Granola in the pantry at all times, as well as a batch of Homemade Chocolate Granola. Honestly, they’re all darn amazing!
A delicious pumpkin recipe for breakfast! Crunchy pumpkin granola with rolled oats, pumpkin puree, Fall spices, pumpkin seeds & dried fruit. Tasty & healthy!
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup no-shell pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 cup all-natural dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup all natural pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, pepitas, cranberries, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine pumpkin puree, water, coconut oil, honey, brown sugar and vanilla; bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Pour the honey mixture over the dry ingredients and toss together until all ingredients are coated.
- Spread onto the baking sheet and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally so that the mixture browns evenly.
- For a crunchier granola, bake it for a few minutes longer; the browner the granola, the crunchier it will be.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.
- While the granola is still a bit warm, break up some of the larger clumps.
- Once the granola has cooled, store in an airtight container; can keep for up to two weeks.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.