Salty pretzel crust topped with a thick and creamy peanut butter cheesecake filling.
Another cheesecake recipe! I know, I know. But, I loooove cheesecakes. And pretzels…and peanut butter…and chocolate…
Would it be okay if I told you that right now, at this very moment, I am chomping on a Lean Cuisine meal (and burning my tongue, but it’s SO GOOD) because I basically ate up most of this seriously, downright, super yummy Pretzel Peanut Butter Cheesecake (?).
I am going to be dieting for the next 10 days. And warming up to the elliptical more often… gah!
I couldn’t help myself. So often I will make something, taste it, and then I end up “tasting it” until half of said deliciousness is gone. I keep telling myself that as long as it’s not served on a plate, and I am killing it while it’s still in the pan, the calories do not count. Anyone else feel this way?! (Stop it. This is no time to reason. Just agree with me.)
After inhaling the Saltines Peanut Butter and Cheesecake Sandwiches, I found myself glued to the Peanut Butter jar. I wanted more, more, more! At that point I decided to, of course, make just a few more of those cheesecake sandwiches. Half way through, I started working on this recipe because we need variety. And a blog can’t survive on PB&J sandwiches, alone, even if they are as delicious as those. They really are like the OMG of PB&J Cheesecake Sandwiches.
But, this – this is a standard cheesecake recipe with the addition of peanut butter. And a lovely pretzel crust. You get salty and sweet, crunchy and smooth – all in the same bite! HA! It’s as good as it sounds.
This is also very, very easy to make. The only part that sucks is the refrigeration time. This cheesecake needs a good night’s sleep in the fridge before you can dig into it. I would suggest to make it at around 8 pm so that you have one amazing breakfast to wake up to.
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed pretzels
- 5 tablespoons butter , melted
- 4 packages ( 8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs , lightly beaten
- Cocoa Powder
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter up a 8-inch springform pan ; set aside. (You can also use a 10-inch springform pan)
- In a small bowl, combine pretzels and butter.
- Press onto the bottom of prepared pan.
- Place springform pan on a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Set aside and let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla; continue to mix until well combined.
- With mixer on low, continue to beat and mix in lightly beaten eggs just until combined.
- Pour filling over cooled crust and smooth the top with an offset spatula.
- Return springform pan to baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen; let completely cool, about an hour or so.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Dust with cocoa powder.
- Remove sides of springform pan.
- Cut and Serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Total time includes overnight refrigeration-time.
WW SmartPoints: 14