Pretzel Caramel Chocolate Candy Bars – Soft, chewy and crunchy candy bars made with pretzels, caramel and chocolate!
Hey, YOU! Smile big, it’s TGIF!
In just a few hours, you’re going to clock out, go home, put on your pajamas and vegetate for 2 days!
Do you do that as soon as you get home?? I’m happiest when I can finally put on my over-sized t-shirt paired with my bottom, pink pajamas. So comfortable, so homey, so ME!
By the way, does anybody wear matching top and bottom pajamas?? ‘Cause that would be weird. No one I know does that. But if you do, high-five!!
Are you seeing what I’m seeing? I guess since we’re both staring at the computer monitor, then you must be seeing Chocolate and Caramel and Pretzels…’n stuff. In the form of a candy bar.
I made that. I also ATE that.
Pinky swear, we’re having Kale on Sunday.
Sometimes I can’t tell whether or not I’m doing a good job. I know that might sound like I’m fishing for a compliment, but I’m not. It’s just that sometimes I think, did they like that? Was that recipe good enough? Did they try it? How was it?
Then, right after all that self-doubt, I get a few awesome emails from some of you, as well as comments, to let me know that your dinner was a HUGE HIT due to my recipes. Or that you finally were able to make a brownie for your gluten free child. OR, that if it wasn’t for Diethood, you would have starved through college and/or gained the famous Freshman-15!!
Thank you, everyone, for writing in and letting me know all of this – you have NO IDEA that it means A TON! THANK YOU! MWAH!
Okay, now we can go back to talking about chocolate candy bars and caramel-making. That is, caramel-making without corn syrup. HA! Easy peasy.
Sure, you can go buy a candy bar and call it a day, buuuuut wouldn’t you rather make said candy bar and brag about it?! Right.
This is a simple candy made with very straightforward ingredients. Most likely, ingredients that you already have in your cupboard. Pretzels, some nuts, chocolate chips, brown sugar and buttah. And a couple of other things, here and there. Which reminds me – do you have a candy thermometer? Sorta helps with the caramel making process…
Make it, and eat it. Take comfort in the fact that YOU made it!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
- 2 teaspoons butter , softened
- 4 cups pretzel sticks
- 2-1/2 cups pecan halves , toasted
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter , cubed
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon shortening , divided
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- Line a 13x9-inch pan with foil; grease foil with cooking spray and spread pretzels and pecans on bottom of the pan.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, milk and salt; cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 240F.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour the caramel mixture over pretzel mixture.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon shortening; stir until smooth.
- Spread over the layer of caramel.
- Melt baking chips in the microwave with the remaining shortening; stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over top of chocolate and let stand until set.
- Using foil, lift candy out of pan; remove foil.
- Using a buttered knife, cut candy into bite-size pieces.
I’m bringing these Pretzel Caramel Chocolate Candy Bars to Roxana’s Home Baking Party!!
Bring your favorite chocolate dessert to Roxana’s home baking #chocolateparty and win amazing prizes from Imperial Sugar®, Gold Medal Flour®, Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs and KitchenAid®
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy