Pineapple Barbecue Chicken – You’re only a few ingredients away from this amazing, juicy, and SO delicious meal prepared with chicken, pineapples and barbecue sauce! Git ‘er done!
Friends, friends, friends! If you’ve never combined pineapples, barbecue sauce, and chicken in one baking dish, THIS is your time! This is it!
P.S. HAPPY FRIDAY! Happy about-to-be the weekend! 🙋
How about we have some barbecue sauce with that chicken today? I say WHY the heck NOT?! This stuff is lip smacking good. For realz. You will eat and smack your lips and lick your fingers. I promise. 😋
You know, it’s almost May, and since grilling season has yet to “officially” start, I went ahead and used the oven for this suuuuuper easy, 3-ish ingredient recipe. BY THE WAY! Do you count oil, salt, and pepper as ingredients? I mean, they technically ARE, but they also belong in every.thing you make, so they’re kind of like a given. NO? What do you think? Let me know! I’d LOVE to know what the popular opinion is on that. ❗❓
But yeah. If you’ve ever wanted to fall face first into a pile of pineapple barbecue chicken, here’s your chance.
Gosh, this is so simple to make, you guys.
Basically, you’re going to season the chicken with salt and pepper; then, you’ll add some barbecue sauce (I highly recommend my Homemade Honey Barbecue Sauce! 😉) over the chicken breasts, rub it all in, pile all the pineapples on top, cover with plastic wrap and let chill for a bit. Like, for about 30 minutes to 2 hours. You don’t have to do that, but it does bring the flavor up several notches.
When ready, take the pineapple barbecue chicken out of the fridge, drizzle with olive oil and boom! I mean, first BAKE, then BOOM! 🙂 Bake, then appreciate.
…and thhhh thhhhh that’s all folks! Have a wonderful weekend!
See you tomorrow with a brand new meal plan for next week!
P.S. Don’t like barbecue sauce!? Check out my awesome recipe for Hawaiian Baked Chicken!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
WATCH HOW TO MAKE PINEAPPLE BARBECUE CHICKEN
Pineapple Barbecue Chicken
- 1 pound (4 ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1/2 cup low sugar honey barbecue sauce (or you can use your favorite low sugar barbecue sauce), divided *
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Grease a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange chicken in baking dish and top with 1/3 of the barbecue sauce; rub in the barbecue sauce and top with pineapple chunks.
- Add remaining barbecue sauce on top and cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 400F.
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Drizzle olive oil over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes, or until chicken's internal temperature reads 165F.
- Remove from oven and serve.
WW FREESTYLE SMART POINTS: 5
*You can use more barbecue sauce, but know that 2 tablespoons is 1 serving.