*******My friends on the East Coast, I am praying for your safety; my thoughts and hopes are with you!!******
I thought about not doing a post today because of that beast Sandy, but I still wanted to wish you all a Happy Halloween!!!
So how about some ghostly pears?
I just about forgot that I had these guys! I actually had a different post scheduled, and I don’t know how that happened – I will blame it on lack of sleep. Glad I caught it in time because you would have seen these a month from today, and I risk the chance of you thinking that I’m cray cray. 😉
How cute are these “ghosts”?! Even though Ana saw me make the pears from start to finish, even helped me pick them from our pear tree, she was still so scared of them in the end. She did not want anything to do with them. It was quite funny watching her scream and squirm while I tried to photograph them.
But, once I cut up the pears and served them on her plate, she loved every. bite. I did, too! Pears paired with white chocolate are delicious! Who knew?!
So go melt some white chocolate chips and dip those pears in – it’s one sure way to get your little ones to eat some fruit today, and possibly forget about all those chocolate candies in their bag. Yeah, right! Buahahaha!!
- 4 pears
- 4 popsicle sticks
- 2 cups white chocolate chips , melted
- dark chocolate chips for eyes and mouth
- Wash pears and remove stems.
- Insert wooden sticks into stem ends.
- Melt white chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Dip one pear at a time in melted white chocolate, then spoon the melted chocolate over the entire pear to coat evenly.
- Place dark chocolate chips to make eyes and mouth; hold in place for a couple of seconds.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes to set.