I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and its client.
These Peanut Butter Marshmallow Magic Bars, or seven-layer bars, are a simple, no-fuss, one bowl easy dessert recipe made with graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips, peanut butter, marshmallows, shredded coconut, butter and sweetened condensed milk.
Just so we’re clear – the word “magic” doesn’t mean that this cookie bar is going to make itself, m’kay? Cool.
What we’re dealing with here is a dessert recipe made with layers of awesomeness. 7 layers, to be exact.
I can hardly believe that I finally saved 3 of these bars to actually photograph. Normally we inhale these lovelies within minutes after they have cooled off. There was this one time where I didn’t even cut them into bars; my husband and I ate half of it straight from the pan. Good times! The hours on the treadmill thereafter? Not so good.
Few weeks before Christmas I visited Walmart and stocked up on just about everything you would need to make holiday cookies, cakes, and appetizers. But when you buy as much as a food blogger buys, you are left with a lot of leftovers. I am about to start begging the neighbors to borrow one of their freezer drawers.
This recipe for Peanut Butter Marshmallow Magic Bars utilizes the ingredients that I always have in my pantry. It is one of my go to easy dessert recipes when I have to finally use up a few of my everyday pantry staples, including all the Kraft products that are just begging to be used up asap! Or, as I previously said, after the Holidays when there’s a bunch of leftovers, like a half empty bag of Baker’s Shredded Coconut, 3.24 Baker’s Chocolate Squares, almost-empty peanut butter jar, and so forth.
This recipe needs a total of 7 ingredients, and since I have them all on hand, why not just whisk them all together and call it a day? Kind of cool, right? I truly appreciate it when I can throw everything in a pan and bake-up something incredibly delicious.
So. Are you going to make these or what? Read: one-pan dessert. That means; less to wash and more time to eat.
My magic bars are sweet, thick, chewy and soft. They are a bit different than the traditional 7-Layer Magic Bars, but they are seriously decadent. You will want to skip dinner just to have enough room to eat up most of ’em, if not all.
Peanut Butter Marshmallow Magic Bars
- 1 stick butter
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 8- ounces Baker's Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate Squares , chopped
- 1 cup smooth Planters Peanut Butter
- 1-1/2 cups Baker's Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 2 cups Kraft Jet-Puffed Mini Marshmallows
- 1 can (14-ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with foil.
- Place the stick of butter inside pan and melt in the oven; about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over melted butter; spread evenly.
- Add chopped chocolate on top of graham cracker crumbs.
- Put the peanut butter in a microwave-safe dish and heat for 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and spread it over the chopped chocolate.
- Sprinkle coconut over peanut butter and top with marshmallows.
- Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk evenly over pan.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Cut and Serve.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
If you are looking for more ideas, please check out this Holiday Family Table with Kraft Digital Magazine: