Someone declared July as National Ice Cream Month.
I would like to thank that someone, whoever she/he might have been.
Thank you, dear someone, for thinking of us, and our obsession with this cold and creamy deliciousness. Much appreciated!
I’m sure it was some big corporation, but let it be – after all, it’s ice cream not tobacco.
The Peanut Butter Ice Cream that you see here was actually a dare. The dare was that I could not make an ice cream taste as good as the Reese’s Cup ice cream.
Are you kidding me? Dad!?! We’re supposed to be in this together… “ice cream freaks” is what they dubbed us years ago… Sheeesh…
I make ice cream every other day, and Peanut Butter Cups every other week. I can do this, man.
This recipe makes 1 (one) quart of Peanut Butter Ice Cream. I then made one batch Peanut Butter Cups in my mini muffin pan, and they were aaaaamazing! Makes about 36 mini peanut butter cups.
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate , melted (only if making the "chocolate peanut butter cup")
- In the bowl of your electric mixer combine peanut butter and sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add in the heavy cream, milk, and vanilla; mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and churn for 30 minutes.
- At this point you can either transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and freeze it, or read on for directions on how to make those peanut butter cups.
- Line a 12-cup mini muffin pan with paper liners.
- Meanwhile, place semisweet chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and melt the chocolate.
- Dividing evenly, use a spoon to layer half of the semi-sweet chocolate into liners.
- Place the muffin pan in the freezer and freeze for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Spoon in the ice cream over the chocolate layer and put it back in the freezer for another 15 minutes, or until frozen.
- Cover the cups with another layer of chocolate and back in the freezer until frozen solid; about 30 minutes to one hour.
Recipe for Peanut Butter Ice Cream slightly adapted from Recipe Girl
WW Freestyle SmartPoints: 12
I’m linking this up to Foodbeast. Check out their awesome site for all food-related news.
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy