Feta Cheese Dip: Baked Feta Cheese Dip with tomato sauce and garlic.
Feta cheese – you either love it, or hate it. I had no choice but to love it. As a Macedonian you are almost expected to want to eat it night and day. It’s like an Italian and his mozzarella cheese; they go hand in hand.
I can eat feta with every meal, and with every course of that meal; I put it in my salads, I stuff it in my peppers, I flame it, I even bake it! Oooooh I love it when it’s baked!
Baked feta cheese dip can, and will, turn all feta-haters around. This appetizer is served at just about every restaurant in Macedonia (called сирење во фурна – sirenje vo furna) and one serving is never enough. It’s cheesy, it’s garlicky, a bit tart, and it’s warm and gooey. And, it will make you cry for more. Trust me.
To fully enjoy it all you will need is a side of flatbread, white wine, or beer, and a grilled steak to follow.
I think you just drooled – It’s okay – you can thank me later.
Recipe also featured on Foodbeast
Oven-Baked Feta Cheese Dip
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic , minced
- 1/4 cup of your favorite tomato sauce (I use my homemade sauce)
- 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese , shredded
- 1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese , shredded
- Preheat oven at 400.
- In a small oven-safe baking dish, or a clay pot, layer the crumbled cheese, covering the entire bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle the minced garlic on top of the feta cheese.
- Spoon the tomato sauce, covering the entire cheese and garlic mixture
- Mix together the mozzarella cheese and the cheddar cheese; layer on top of the tomato sauce.
- Bake it in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve it warm with a side of flatbread or tortilla chips.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.