Prepared with yogurt, rolled oats, and raisins, these deliciously sweet, hearty, and moist Oatmeal Raisin Muffins are hard to resist!
These tasty Oatmeal Raisins Muffins remind me of my oatmeal raisin cookies. They are wonderfully delicious and versatile, and whenever I make them, they are eaten up in a hurry.
Packed with all good things, these healthy Oatmeal Raisin Muffins make a great breakfast or a midday snack. Spiced and sweet, they are also a great match for a cup of coffee.
HOW TO MAKE OATMEAL MUFFINS
- Soak yogurt and oats together in a bowl for 30 minutes.
- Whisk eggs into the yogurt mixture; add vanilla, sugar, and oil and mix it all together with the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the raisins and pour the mixture into a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Bake at 400F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until done.
- Let cool for 20 minutes, and serve.
MORE MUFFINS RECIPES
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Oatmeal Raisin Muffins
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup raisins (if you prefer less, you can use 1/2 cup)
- Oats , toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place the oats and the yogurt in a bowl and let stand for about 30 minutes.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs.
- Whisk the eggs into the yogurt mixture; mix in the vanilla, sugar, and vegetable oil.
- Pour the yogurt mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the raisins.
- Pour mixture into a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and drizzle honey over each muffin and top with the toasted oats.
- Let cool.