Mozzarella, Tomato, and Strawberry Salad – This caprese style salad with strawberries, tomatoes, mozzarella and basil will become your new favorite summer-salad!
Can’t believe I just had strawberries with ground black pepper. Not something I would usually do. But it’s French Fridays with Dorie. Anything goes!
I put strawberries in my salads all the time, but this salad, a Mozzarella, Tomato, and Strawberry Salad, was different. The romaine lettuce was missing.
Nonetheless, it did include a couple of slices of fresh mozzarella cheese, some grape tomatoes, and a garnish of basil. Pink peppercorns were suggested to finish off the salad, but I didn’t have pink ones – I used regular peppercorns and tossed the salad in some olive oil.
This is a great summer salad, but there better be something to follow it because this is not enough to get you going. 😀
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella
- 16 strawberries , hulled and halved
- 16 cherry tomatoes , halved
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- balsamic vinegar
- Cut mozzarella into 8 slices and set aside.
- Combine strawberries and tomatoes in a bowl; add salt, pepper, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar and toss to combine. Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Transfer sliced mozzarella to a serving plate.
- Arrange the berries mixture alongside the mozzarella.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints: 7