Mint Fudge Brownies Trifle – Lightened-up dessert with layers upon sweet layers of Mint Fudge Brownies and a deliciously creamy yogurt and cream cheese filling.
Hey Hey, Friends!
What am I doing, you ask?
Oh. Not much. Just chomping away on some Mint Fudge Brownies and getting ready for the 21st of January – the annual tradition of my NYE Resolution to eat healthy. Or healthier. The ladder is doable. Besides, my birthday is on the 20th, and there’s no way I’m giving up my slice of cake, so that’s that.
Wanna know what’s really on my mind? I’ll tell you anyways!
Sometimes in my daydreams I develop spectacular desserts, and when I go to actually make said dessert, it almost always works.
A few days ago I made Mint Fudge Brownies Trifles, and much to my surprise, strawberry yogurt and mint chocolate, together (!?!), are darn good!!
No. Really. It was so good that I had to call my Mom over to come and take the rest away from me. I made six… just in case.
But, in my defense, these brownies are actually Fiber One’s 90-calorie Brownies, so no harm done.
Have you had one of Fiber One’s brownies? They are downright deeeelicious! One of my absolute go-to’s at 3 a.m. Err! P.M.!
It’s a moist, rich treat without the guilt. Thank goodness! Also, they are a perfect addition to simple desserts that will satisfy cravings without too many calories.
Instead of a run on the treadmill, or even making dinner, OR doing laundry (EW!), go make these Trifles. It takes minutes to put them together and seconds to inhale them.
Don’t worry, it’s all around 185 calories per serving. Bam!
- 4 Fiber One Mint Fudge Brownies , crumbled
- 4- ounces Neufchatel Cheese or 1/3 Less Calories Cream Cheese
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup fat-free strawberry yogurt (may need to use more to reach desired consistency)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Evenly divide up half of the crumbled brownies into 4 small trifle plates or glass shooters; set aside.
- Cream the Neufchatel cheese or cream cheese in your mixer’s bowl.
- Add powdered sugar and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Set mixer on low and add yogurt and vanilla; continue to beat until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. If mixture is too thick, add a bit more yogurt to reach desired consistency.
- Place filling mixture in a piping bag and pipe half of the mixture into the trifle bowls.
- Add the remaining brownies over the filling and pipe the remaining filling over the brownies. Place in the fridge for 10 to 15 minutes.
Disclosure: This post is part of a collaboration between Fiber One and SheKnows.