Loaded Baked Potato Rounds – Baked potato slices topped with crunchy bacon and melty cheese!
Loaded Baked Potato Rounds with thinly sliced potatoes, bacon and cheese. Is there anything better?! NOPE!
I really wanted to call these rounds of potatoes, Chips. I know they aren’t chips-chips because the potatoes are not crunchy, but they look like chips. And if I ever had to tell you what my favorite potato chip flavor was, I would say Loaded Baked Potato Chips.
Ever think about that; what would be your favorite chip flavor? But, like, one that is not out there, yet. I would pick Roasted Red Pepper (Ajvar) and Loaded Baked Potato. Do these two flavors already exist in chip form? They might. I’m not a chips-person. I like popcorn and pretzels. However, I would totally become a chips-person if those two flavors made their way to mah belly.
So, Loaded Baked Potato Rounds it is.
I love these little nibbles; it is a delicious snack that comes together in all of 30 minutes.
They often make their appearance around here, especially on those big game days; Super Bowl, World Cup, Real Housewives of Wherever Reunions, etc.
HOW TO PREPARE LOADED BAKED POTATO ROUNDS
- Thinly slice a few potatoes and boil for 3 minutes.
- Cut up some bacon and, if you want, you can cook it to a perfect crunchy texture. Not a must, but it does add to the overall flavor.
- You will also need some shredded cheddar cheese and monterey jack cheese.
- When ready, pop it in the oven for 10-ish minutes and be done! We are game. Done. Ready to
I also like to serve these with a side of sour cream sometimes, but that’s only on those days when I feel thinner. Or maybe I feel thinner because of my yoga pants, but whatever.
Go slice some potatoes and get on dis. Quick!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
WATCH HOW TO MAKE LOADED BAKED POTATO ROUNDS
Loaded Baked Potato Rounds
- 4 medium sized red potatoes or new potatoes , washed, sliced into thin rounds, about 1/4-inch thick (I use a mandolin to cut even rounds)
- olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground peppercorns
- 5 to 6 strips of bacon , cooked until crisp, crumbled
- shredded monterey jack cheese
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil, grease lightly with baking spray and set aside.
- Put the sliced potatoes in a pot filled with water and bring to a boil; cover and continue to cook for 3 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Place the potatoes on the baking sheet.
- Brush the potatoes with olive oil and season with sea salt and fresh ground peppercorns.
- Layer the bacon pieces and cheeses on top of each potato slice.
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with a side of sour cream.