Layered Breakfast Tortilla Pie – Stacked layers of tortillas filled with seasoned eggs, cheese, and tomatoes.
As I was sorting through my few Mexican inspired dishes on zee bloggy, I noticed that, a.) there’s no Margaritas! (WHaaaaaaT?!?) and b.) my awesome Layered Breakfast Tortilla Pie was nowhere to be found!
How could I have missed posting my favorite Margarita recipe!? Argh! I will get around to it, you just wait. First, I need to share this awesome breakfast dish because it is incredibly delicious, and you can be all festive and serve it for breakfast this Sunday!
If this breakfast item is not your forte, I am going to give you a few other options that you can get down with on Cinco de Mayo.
That is all sorts of deliciousness, right?!
By the wayz, while you are partying it up with that tequila and tortilla, I will be stuffing my face with Mom’s delicious lamb casserole and these Croissants with Sesame Seeds and Feta. I just made a batch and they are aaaaamazing! We are celebrating Easter this weekend! No, I’m not losing it… it really is Easter… Orthodox Easter. We celebrate a bit later than everyone else. Not always, though. Sometimes it falls on the same day as yours.
Anywho! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend watching those horses race while chugging down a few pitchers of Margaritas and Mint Juleps!
To those celebrating Easter, Christ is Risen! Христос Воскресе!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- salt , to taste
- 6 (6-inch) Flour Tortillas
- 1 large tomato , sliced into 8 to 10 slices
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Melt butter in a heavy-bottomed frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Whisk eggs, mayonnaise, taco seasoning and salt; whisk until eggs turn a pale yellow color.
- Pour eggs into prepared pan.
- Using a spatula, push one edge of the egg toward the center of the pan, while tilting the pan to allow the liquid egg to flow in underneath. Repeat with the other edges, until there's no liquid left.
- Remove from heat.
- Place two tortillas, one on top of the other, in an 8-inch pie plate or in a cast iron skillet.
- Spread 1/2 of the scrambled eggs on top of the tortillas.
- Place 1/3 of the tomatoes on top of the eggs, and finish with a 1/3 of the cheese mixture.
- Top with two tortillas and repeat, using the rest of the eggs, half of the tomatoes, and half of the cheese mixture.
- Finish off with the last two tortillas, slices of tomatoes, and top with the rest of the cheese mixture.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut and serve.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 11