Italian Chicken and Vegetables In Foil is such an easy & delicious chicken recipe! Flavorful, incredibly moist chicken breasts baked in aluminum foil with peppers, onion, garlic, fresh herbs and Italian Dressing.
ONE OF MY FAVORITE CHICKEN FOIL PACKET RECIPES
Hi, you guys!!
Umm. Can we just call it dinner time? I’m kinda hungry. Let’s just take a minute and have somethin’ to eat, ‘mkay?
So there’s this thing about me. If you haven’t noticed, I like quick, nutritious, but delicious, veggies-and-chicken-involved type meals. However, today I’d like to introduce you to the busy Mom’s method of cooking said meal.
Remember that one time when we had Lemon-Pepper Salmon In Foil?
When I was in college, every Sunday night I would place a few chicken breasts in a baking dish, pour Kraft Italian Dressing over the chicken, cover it and bake. Those chicks were my dinner all week long. And with time I got more creative by adding vegetables to the mix.
Later on, creativity juices got even better, and that is when I started cooking/grilling/baking my chicken breasts in foil.
Nowadays, between school, sports, dance, play and homework – I got tired just typing it all out – this Mom’s best friend in the kitchen is still her aluminum foil and a good dose of Zesty Italian Dressing.
I’ll tell you what. Tonight or tomorrow night, I’d like for you to pick up a pound of chicken breasts, few colored peppers, some basil, onions, garlic and Kraft Zesty Italian. Aaaaand some aluminum foil, of course.
Then, when you get home, cut up some foil, place a slice of chicken on each, add colorful veggies, and top it all with a tablespoon or two of the salad dressing. Wrap ’em up, put ’em in the oven, and wait.
Quick, easy, nutritious, delicious, and OH SO fragrant! Flavorful chicken dinner, indeed!
Italian Chicken and Vegetables In Foil
- 4 aluminum foil sheets , large enough to wrap around one chicken breast.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 2 garlic cloves , chopped
- 1 yellow onion , thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper , julienned
- ?4 small carrots , julienned
- ?4 large basil leaves
- 1/3 cup Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
- Preheat oven to 375
- Place one chicken breast on each sheet of foil.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil over each chicken breast.
- Season chicken with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Arrange chopped garlic, slices of onion, peppers, and carrots on top and around each chicken breast.
- Place a basil leaf on top of each chicken and vegetables.
- Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons of salad dressing over chicken and vegetables.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the chicken, covering completely; seal the packets closed.
- Transfer foil packets to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and carefully open up the foils; put the packets under the broiler for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from broiler.
- Serve .
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.