Silky Instant Chocolate Mocha Rice Pudding is a sweet and simple dessert! It’s easily made in just 15 minutes.
I must be out of my mind. I have posted every day this week. That’s a lot of work!
But, I couldn’t resist – I had to post on Fat Tuesday and on Valentine’s Day. Those days are a must. I also had to tell you about my Oprah feature. At least you got Lemon Crepes with Raspberry Sauce and a Strawberry and Cream 3-minute Mug Cake out of it, right? Right. And today you will get rice pudding. Win, win. 😉
Lately I have been on this quick-desserts kick. And almost all of them have involved chocolate. Quick Cherry and Chocolate Cake, anyone? Some things I make for the love of others and some things I make for the love of my me-time. The quicker the dessert, the more time I get to spend with you, and with my favorite blogs. Oh! And with my kids!! 😉
Couple of facts about this quick rice pudding.
This treat was for my dad. I have been making rice pudding since I was 12 years old, and he taught me how to make it. Plain, white rice pudding with a sprinkle of cinnamon was his specialty. It was good for a while, but I got tired of it. Years later I started developing my own versions of rice pudding.
Of all the versions I have made, Instant Chocolate Mocha Rice Pudding is my dad’s favorite. Sweet, silky, and chocolaty – it almost tastes like you are eating a textured chocolate bar.
If feeling tired, bored, cold, strapped for time, and ready to eat that entire bag of chocolate chips, might I suggest making this rice pudding and calling it a day? It’s warm and cozy and quick.
Instant Chocolate Mocha Rice Pudding
- 1 cup instant white rice
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1/4 cup whole milk or cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- orange zest for garnish
- Place the rice, milk, sugar, and coffee in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat; cover, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the milk, butter, and chocolate chips until melted and smooth.
- Return to heat and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and continue to stir until almost all liquid is absorbed, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with orange zest and serve immediately.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.