Ice Cream Filled Vanilla Cupcakes: Sweet Vanilla Cupcakes are filled with Vanilla Ice Cream and topped with a Whipped Cream Frosting.
Whatever happened to predictability? The milkman, the paper boy, and evening TV? (I SO hope you can name that tune!)
I’m not sure about the milkman or the paper boy, but evening TV and I are good buds. Evening TV is about Real Housewives, followed by Jimmy Fallon, and a few episodes of Friends. Even a Full House episode, from time to time. Wish they would air some Growing Pains… with a side of Who’s The Boss.
I also hope that you are all old enough to know these shows.
If not, then, just know this – I’m not old.
Guess who is having a birthday today?? NOT ME!
My daughter, Aleksandra, was born exactly 2-years ago, today. Happy Birthday, presh!!!
I could plaster a picture of her in just about every post because she photobombs all my food-photos. I have to delete around 20 photos each time – she’s constantly reaching over, trying to get a taste of the food that I’m photographing. Baby girl is always hungry.
However, this was the one time where I didn’t tell her to stop and wait. I let her go right ahead and have a lick of the cupcakes – after all, they were meant for her because it’s her birthday, even if this photo took place a few days before the big day.
Sidenote: I wish I had more cupcakes…
Because we are all huge ice cream fans, I’ve been making ice cream filled cupcakes for a while now, and since Summer is sneaking up on us, I thought this was as good time as any to share this pretty cupcake recipe with you.
Not to worry – this is very basic. Make vanilla cupcakes, core out some cake, fill empty space with ice cream, top with whipped frosting and done! If not devouring right away, place them in the freezer because, um, it’s ice cream. It will melt.
Ice Cream Filled Vanilla Cupcakes
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Decorate with white and dark chocolate shavings and strawberries , optional.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cupcake pan with 12 paper liners; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In your mixer’s bowl, combine butter and sugar; beat until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add in the vanilla.
- Set mixer on low and alternately add the flour mixture and milk, in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Fill the muffin cups with the batter and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- In your mixer’s bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- While still mixing, slowly pour in the heavy cream.
- Scrape the bowl and continue beating until the cream can hold a stiff peak.
- When the cupcakes have completely cooled, take a cupcake corer, set it in the center of the cupcake and gently twist into the cupcake, about half-way through and take it out.
- Spoon ice cream into the holes. I use a melon baller to scoop out the ice cream – it’s the perfect size.
- Cover the holes with previously prepared frosting and continue to frost the top of the cupcakes and freeze them.
- Decorate with white and dark chocolate shavings and strawberries.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.