A delicious hummus recipe with garbanzo beans and hot sauce, makes for a wonderful game-day snack or appetizer.
Excuse me for a moment, but I really feel like welcoming you with a WAZZZUP!!!
Speaking of, remember that “Wazzup” Budweiser commercial? LOVED IT!
That’s where my WAZZZUP is coming from. I sort of never forgot about that awesome commercial. I bet the Budweiser people can’t even remember said commercial, but I sure DO!
Or how about the “Yo Quiero Taco Bell” commercials?! Remember that? LOVED ‘EM!
I remember begging my parents for a Chihuahua… I’m still begging for one.
Why am I talking about commercials?!
Well, haven’t you heard?! There’s a Super Bowl coming up this weekend! Can’t WAIT to see the E-Trade baby! …does that still exist?!
Have I told you about that one time I watched the Super Bowl and fell in love with the commercials? Like, always. And that I really forgot who actually played that game?? At which point I totally realized that I had no business in following football, especially when the Bears aren’t playing.
Basically, what I’m trying to say is that I am there for the food, the party, and for the entertainment. This Sunday will be no different. I’m bringing a bowl (and this bowl is huuuuuge) filled with this wonderful stuff called Hot Wings Hummus, and I’m also bringing a pitcher of White Sangria. I know… still keepin’ it classy… I wonder if they’ll have Coronas there?!
However, this hummus recipe is very satisfying. It’s like liquid-y hot wings! It’s rich, it’s full of flavor, and it has a kick. A little heat takes the good ol’ hummus to a whole new level. Hot sauce, barbecue sauce, tahini paste, and garlic are combined with garbanzo beans, lemon juice and salt… the rest is just a session of your face and that bowl.
This recipe is also a throw-it-all-in-one-bowl-and-give-it-a-whirl recipe. It literally takes about 5 minutes to make. And 2 minutes to inhale.
Served with a side of crackers and veggies, you absolutely can’t go wrong with this dip. Make it this Sunday – your friends are going to LOVE you for it!
GO TEAM! The one that WINS!
Hot Wings Hummus
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cans (15-oz. each) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 4 tablespoons , or to taste, hot sauce (I use Frank's)
- 1/4 cup tahini paste or sesame seed paste (if you can't find any, you can still go ahead and make the recipe without the paste)
- 5 garlic cloves , chopped
- 1 small lemon , juiced
- salt , to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Start with adding olive oil into a food processor.
- Place garbanzo beans, barbecue sauce, hot sauce, tahini paste, chopped garlic, lemon juice, salt and chili powder in the food processor and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Add more olive oil if the hummus is too thick.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust.
- Sprinkle hummus with cayenne pepper and serve with crackers, vegetables or pretzels.
MORE GAME DAY RECIPES: