A delicious hummus recipe with garbanzo beans and hot sauce, makes for a wonderful game-day snack or appetizer.
Excuse me for a moment, but I really feel like welcoming you with a WAZZZUP!!!
Speaking of, remember that “Wazzup” Budweiser commercial? LOVED IT!
That’s where my WAZZZUP is coming from. I sort of never forgot about that awesome commercial. I bet the Budweiser people can’t even remember said commercial, but I sure DO!
Or how about the “Yo Quiero Taco Bell” commercials?! Remember that? LOVED ‘EM!
I remember begging my parents for a Chihuahua… I’m still begging for one.
Why am I talking about commercials?!
Well, haven’t you heard?! There’s a Super Bowl coming up this weekend! Can’t WAIT to see the E-Trade baby! …does that still exist?!
Have I told you about that one time I watched the Super Bowl and fell in love with the commercials? Like, always. And that I really forgot who actually played that game?? At which point I totally realized that I had no business in following football, especially when the Bears aren’t playing.
Basically, what I’m trying to say is that I am there for the food, the party, and for the entertainment. This Sunday will be no different. I’m bringing a bowl (and this bowl is huuuuuge) filled with this wonderful stuff called Hot Wings Hummus, and I’m also bringing a pitcher of White Sangria. I know… still keepin’ it classy… I wonder if they’ll have Coronas there?!
However, this hummus recipe is very satisfying. It’s like liquid-y hot wings! It’s rich, it’s full of flavor, and it has a kick. A little heat takes the good ol’ hummus to a whole new level. Hot sauce, barbecue sauce, tahini paste, and garlic are combined with garbanzo beans, lemon juice and salt… the rest is just a session of your face and that bowl.
This recipe is also a throw-it-all-in-one-bowl-and-give-it-a-whirl recipe. It literally takes about 5 minutes to make. And 2 minutes to inhale.
Served with a side of crackers and veggies, you absolutely can’t go wrong with this dip. Make it this Sunday – your friends are going to LOVE you for it!
GO TEAM! The one that WINS!
Hot Wings Hummus
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cans (15-oz. each) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 4 tablespoons , or to taste, hot sauce (I use Frank's)
- 1/4 cup tahini paste or sesame seed paste (if you can't find any, you can still go ahead and make the recipe without the paste)
- 5 garlic cloves , chopped
- 1 small lemon , juiced
- salt , to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Start with adding olive oil into a food processor.
- Place garbanzo beans, barbecue sauce, hot sauce, tahini paste, chopped garlic, lemon juice, salt and chili powder in the food processor and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Add more olive oil if the hummus is too thick.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust.
- Sprinkle hummus with cayenne pepper and serve with crackers, vegetables or pretzels.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
MORE GAME DAY RECIPES: