Halloween Chocolate Covered Pretzels – Easy, salty, sweet and eek! Chocolate-covered pretzels SO good IT’S scary!
We’re finally doing it!! We’re posting Halloween food! Aren’t these the cutest?? I hadn’t YET posted a Halloween recipe this season… not surprising, but, better late than never is a phrase I live by.
SO! Are YOU ready for Halloween?!? I haven’t even bought candy. Nor my costume. I can’t decide if I want to be a villain, a superhero, a princess, or a ghost… ??
I honestly crack up every time I make these guys. Their expressions are kind of like “duhhh!” and also “whoooa!” and then a bit of “eeek!”. Right?
And who doesn’t love chocolate covered pretzels? I am a fan of the dark chocolate ones, however, my daughters prefer the ones covered in white chocolate. Meeting them halfway, I made these spooky little guys with both, dark and white chocolate, and we all lived happily ever after…
These are really easy to do and they are sweet, and crunchy, and adorable. To make them, it’s just a simple dance of dip, refrigerate, fill, set, freeze.
Best part is that I get to pass these out as little party favors or treats for the kids. Hopefully, these will get me the best-halloween-candy-house award!! I mean, who doesn’t love the combo of sweet and salty? Seems to be everyone’s favorite, lately.
I think what’s even better is that you can get creative and make them for whatever the occasion is. You can use sprinkles, crushed Oreos, crushed candy canes for Christmas, crushed nuts, etc… The possibilities are endless.
THESE Halloween treats use just pretzels and chocolate.
Look at how fuhreaked out he is!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening , divided
- large thin pretzels (I use Snyder's)
- Wax paper
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Combine the dark chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon shortening in a microwave safe bowl; microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Remove the bowl and stir; the chocolate will continue to melt as you stir. If needed, microwave in 10 second increments until all is melted and smooth.
- Using a fork, grab a pretzel and dip it into the melted chocolate.
- Remove the pretzel from the chocolate and shake off all the excess chocolate.
- Place the pretzel on previously lined baking sheet.
- Continue to do this with the remaining pretzels.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine white chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of shortening in a microwave safe bowl; microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Remove and stir; the chocolate will continue to melt as you stir. If needed, microwave in 10 second increments until all is melted and smooth.
- Allow to cool.
- Stir and spoon into a piping bag.
- Pipe white chocolate into the two top pretzel holes; allow to set for a bit.
- Place mini chocolate chips in the middle of the white chocolate to make the eyes.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Remove and serve immediately.
WW Smart Points: 9