Everyone I know has their own recipe for Guacamole. And everyone I know says that their Guacamole is “the best”! Well, I feel the same way about mine. 🙂 The “Guac” I make is definitely loved by my taste buds and I always look forward to having it. Since it was Friday night (last night) and I spent it at home with Hubby and Munchkin, I thought to make some Guac and attack it with toasted bread chips. We definitely attacked. We watched the opening credits to a movie and it was gone. Hubby was right – I should have made more. So, word of advice; double the recipe if you plan to share this Guac.
You will need:
- 3 ripe Avocados
- 1 whole lime, juiced
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 2 yellow pearl onions, diced
- 4 teaspoons of your favorite salsa – I use my homemade salsa, but you can use the store-bought kind, too.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- generous pinch of sugar – trust me
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit, and scoop out the flesh into a shallow dish – mash it with a fork until smooth.
- Add in the lime juice and mix.
- Follow up with adding in the garlic, onions, salsa, salt, pepper flakes, and sugar.
- Stir until well combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.