Individual pies filled with an extraordinary pie filling of diced fresh peaches, ginger, brown sugar, and finished off with a crumb topping.
Hello my dears!
You know that moment when you convince yourself that it’s the back pockets on your jeans that are making your bottom “look” larger? Yeah… That’s the moment I am having right now. And it has absolutely nothing to do with this Ginger Peach Pie. Or Pies. NOTHING! To keep a FOOD blog, I need to blame it on something other than my hungry-for-more-peach-pie self.
So. Peaches. They are just about to leave us. Fall starts like in two weeks. No more peaches, cherries, strawberries… oh Lawd, that sounds depressing!
Let’s change it up.
You know what I’m really looking forward to? Halloween! I am not the biggest fan of that particular Holiday, but I do enjoy dressing up my daughters in fun costumes. Ana is in that princess stage, so we are still good. No witches here. Also, Aleksandra is just too little to have a say, so I am going to put her in a pumpkin suit. Pumpkin suits look adorable on babies.
I’m also looking forward to going apple picking next week! EEEK! That’s always a great time. And it means that you and I will get to have more pie! YAY!
But this pie… it is exactly what I wanted. That crust… not homemade. I wanted to make things easier for you and I. It’s the weekend – you can handle the work, but I’d rather you not. I’d rather you make these pies that will take all of 10 minutes to prep and then go and enjoy them with family, friends, kids, husbands, better halfs… go be with them. They deserve you and you them.
BTW, (can I say that? do people still use BTW in chat talk?! I DO!) don’t forget the ice cream. Somehow, pie always needs ice cream. Especially a warm, fruity, gooey pie…oh how I wish I had one more pie!! I need to make some more this weekend. These were just too, too good. Honest to goodness. They may be very simple to make, but the flavor is just plain amazing.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 small fresh peaches , diced into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter , cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray 6-cup muffin tin with cooking spray; set aside.
- Using a 4-inch diameter biscuit cutter, cut out 6 individual pie crusts. If necessary, re-roll the scraps to get 6 pie crusts. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine peaches, ginger, flour and brown sugar; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Prick each pie crust with a fork.
- Fill each pie crust with peach mixture. Gently press the fruit down so to fit inside the entire pie.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine flour, brown sugar and cold butter.
- Using a pastry cutter, work mixture into small crumbs. You can also do this with a fork or even your fingers.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over peaches.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove pies.
- Serve warm with a side of vanilla ice cream (optional)
WW SmartPoints: 12