This post is sponsored by STAR FINE FOODS, maker of awesome Olive Oils, Vinegars, olives, glazes, capers, anchovies, onions, and the list goes ON and ON!
Thank YOU, friends, for supporting the brands that make Diethood possible!
Garlic Peanut Noodles Recipe – Delicious noodles and stir fried vegetables are tossed in garlic olive oil and coated in a mixture of peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, hot sauce and ginger.
I have dinner for you! Super silky, sweet, savory and garlicky nooooodles!! DON’T walk away… they’re whole grain.
Hi Hi! Hope you’re having a terrific weekend! The rain is kind of buggin’ me, I even saw leaves falling, but it’s all good. I am not going to complain.
Though, Summer is never long enough. Ever. This crappy weather will linger on for the next 8 months.
I said I wasn’t going to complain… *clears throat*
It’s kind of a secret, but I am a noodle-peanut sauce-garlic FUHreak! So very true. I’d probably eat it everyday if I could. Darn carbs! Also, I could never make it as good as the Thai restaurant down the street. Oh my gosh. It’s so, so good. I always ask for their recipes, but they respond with measurements of “handful of this” and “a small pinch of that”, and I’m like, don’t you know I have a food blog?!? I need REAL measurements. #TheStruggleIsReal.
It’s a good thing that I almost always try to recreate whatever dish catches my attention.
Years and years back, I was introduced to Peanut Noodles while visiting my relatives in Australia, and I instantly fell in love. I couldn’t even hold chopsticks at the time, but did I care?! NOPE! I went at those noodles as if nobody was watching.
Years later, I’m still making those same peanut noodles and loving every peanutty and garlicky bite.
To help us with the extra garlicky flavor, I have our trusted STAR Garlic Flavored Olive Oil, which is perfect for adding a punch of garlic to our favorite dishes. It features a garlic flavor that helps enhance the flavors and spices of ANY dish.
Sidenote: It’s also perrrrrfect as a simple dip for warm bread!
This takes no time at all. You can make it really quick. Like oh-mah-gosh-it’s-Wednesday-and-I-want-to-order-take-out type of quick.
First, you’re going to do what I do and that is, pick up a bag of frozen stir fry veggies. 😀 I mean… Who has time to chop 10 different types of veg? On a Wednesday!?
THEN, you’re going to warm up that delicious Olive Oil we just talked about and cook them veggies in it. In the meantime, you’ll grab a handful of whole grain noodles, throw ’em in water and let ’em cook, all the while you make our famous Peanut Sauce!
See? Bah-dah-bing Bah-dah-boom, we’re DONE!
A garnish of chopped peanuts and toasted sesame seeds add a nice crunch to the silky, savory noodle dish.
STAR Garlic Flavored Olive Oil by Ferran Adria is available exclusively at select Safeway and Vons stores.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Garlic Peanut Noodles Recipe
- 8- ounces whole grain spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon STAR Garlic Flavored Olive Oil , divided
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 bag (15 ounces) stir fry vegetables
FOR THE PEANUT SAUCE
- 1/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sriracha , or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon STAR Garlic Flavored Olive Oil
- water , to thin sauce
FOR GARNISH (optional)
- sliced green onions
- chopped fresh cilantro
- chopped roasted peanuts
- toasted sesame seeds
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package, adding 1 teaspoon of the olive oil to the water.
- Heat olive oil in a wok over medium-high heat; add garlic and cook and stir for 20 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add vegetables and continue to cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender.
In the meantime, prepare the peanut sauce.
- In a mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, sriracha, ground ginger, lime juice, and olive oil; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add a tablespoon or two of water just to slightly thin it out.
- If there's water on the bottom of the wok, drain the veggies and place them back in the wok over medium-high heat.
- Drain spaghetti and add them to the vegetables.
- Gently stir in the peanut sauce, tossing to combine.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with green onions, cilantro, peanuts and toasted sesame seeds.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.