Fried Banana Spring Rolls – An amazing two-ingredient dessert with bananas wrapped in spring roll wrappers and fried. SUPER simple and easy, yet crunchy and delicious!
Meet your new favorite dessert: TURON! Otherwise known as Lumpiyang Saging, OR as we in ‘merica call ’em, Fried Banana Spring Rolls.
Don’t you love them?! They are amazing! Crunchy and sweet, they are very simple to make (2 ingredients!!!!) and are also truly delicious.
I may not know much about football, but I know where there is a game to watch, there is food, and I definitely know food. If YOU are also like ME, do yourself a favor and please hop on this recipe, ASAP!
HUT HUT HUT!
Don’t get me wrong. I adore kale, smoothies and salads, and I will happily devour a bowl of granola cereal, but when it comes to a party, I bring out the best of the best. Obviously, special occasions call for something a little more loud, delicious and bright. Fried desserts are all of that, and then some.
Also? And totally amazing? This is allergen-free! My very good friends are hosting a party, and because their daughter suffers from severe food allergies, whatever I decide to bring has to be nut-free, dairy-free and egg-free. No problem, I said. I can do this, I said…
And, as they say, Turon, a.k.a. Fried Banana Spring Rolls to the rescue!
- 6 ripe bananas , halved and cut lengthwise
- Square vegan spring roll wrappers
- Vegetable oil , for frying
- Allergen-free chocolate dip , optional
- Cover all spring roll wrappers with a damp cloth.
- Take one spring roll wrapper and lay it flat, with one corner pointing toward you.
- Place one banana slice on wrapper; roll the bottom corner over the banana, and continue rolling until completely wrapped.
- Dip fingers in water and wet the corners to seal.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- In a large pan, heat a 1-inch layer of oil over medium-high heat; oil is ready when it reaches 375 degrees.
- Carefully place a few wrapped bananas (turon) in hot oil to fry.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, turning once, until crispy and golden brown.
- Remove with slotted spoon.
- Serve hot. Optionally, serve with allergen-free chocolate dip.
WW SmartPoints: 1
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy