Fresh Fried-Egg Salad is a delicious and easy salad recipe that is perfect for lunch or even a savory breakfast. This healthy salad makes it easy to stick to a diet!
Looking for more salad recipe ideas? Try my Very Berry Avocado Salad or this Cranberry Chicken Salad with Light Dijon Parmesan Dressing.
This Easy Fried Egg Salad Is A Great For Diets
How’s that New Year’s resolution thing going? Is it a resolution that involves a diet? It’s only day two – it’s okay if you haven’t jumped on that bandwagon just yet.
Recently one of my readers wrote me an email asking if I had ever tried a salad. She meant it in the sincerest way possible. She said she was trying to lose weight, that was her resolution for the new year, but could not get herself to eat a salad.
Me and salads, you ask!? That’s like Cheech and Chong. Joanie and Chachi. Sonny and Brenda!
If any of my close friends are reading this post, please chime in. If there is a person that eats more salads than moi, I would like to meet them. I am a walking Salad Bar. I don’t go a day without having a salad.
How To Make The Best Healthy Salad
The trick to salads? Don’t eat them plain. Those leaves will only be fun for like a minute. You need to dress that thing up with a bit of this, a whole lotta that, and a bag of nuts. And an egg! Don’t forget the egg. You need some protein to add some pizzazz to all that jazz. M’kay?
What Type Of Dressing Goes With This Fried Egg Salad?
Watch out for those dressings, though. Those can kill any diet. Do what I do; make your own. My go to dressing is a simple drizzle of vinegar and oil. If you want to get fancy, grab some extra virgin olive oil, lemons, salt and pepper. Whisk it all together and pour two or three tablespoons over that Fried Egg Salad. Boom! Lunch is served.
Fresh Fried-Egg Salad
For the Salad
- 2 cups Baby Romaine Lettuce
- 1 Avocado , sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
For the Salad Dressing
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- ground fresh peppercorn (optional)
- In a salad bowl or plate, combine the lettuce, sliced avocado and pecans.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Break the egg and carefully place the egg in the heated olive oil without breaking the yolk.
- Grab a large spoon, tilt the frying pan, and begin to baste the egg yolk with the olive oil by spooning the olive oil over the egg yolk until a white film appears.
- Remove the egg with a slotted spoon, and place it on top of the salad.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine all the ingredients for the salad dressing and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour over salad and garnish with ground fresh peppercorn.