Homemade version of Ferrero Raffaello’s famous Coconut Candy Balls.
I made these Ferrero Raffaello Coconut Candy Balls for my friend because she is one special lady.
Homemade Raffaello Candy Balls
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup dry milk powder
- 3/4 cup dried shredded coconut
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers, (Use those long sugar wafers with cream in the middle, not the round thin cookies and not Nilla wafers. I have also used crushed graham crackers.)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup dried shredded coconut, for dusting
- Set stand mixer on medium speed and cream together butter and sugar for 2 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and add milk powder, dried shredded coconut, vanilla wafers, and vanilla; beat until thoroughly combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Using a cookie scoop, measure out dough balls, insert a hazelnut into the center of each dough ball and shape into balls.
- Roll each ball in coconut and set on a serving plate.
- Serve right away or store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for 4 to 5 days.