Fajita Pinwheels – Delicious rolled tortilla appetizers filled with bacon, turkey ham, roasted pepper, and green onion mixed in cream cheese.
With New Year’s Eev only two days away, most of you that are entertaining a party, or going to a party, are probably working on a plate, or two, of bite-sized gems to serve, or to bring with you for the lovely host/hostess. This year I intended to host a party, but things never go as planned, right? Instead, we are going out for a nice dinner with very dear friends of ours and then we are going to ring in the New Year back at their place. Because I could never go empty handed, even if it was just for a coffee visit, I made a bunch of hors d’oeuvres (or as we call it, “meze”) that I will be bringing with me.
These cute, delicious little treats are fajita pinwheels filled with bacon, turkey ham, roasted pepper, and green onion mixed in light cream cheese. These will be coming with me because they always please a crowd, especially when served with a glass of Chardonnay! And since my husband knows his wines, he will be bringing the Chardonnay.
Fajita Pinwheels - Delicious rolled tortilla appetizers filled with bacon, turkey ham, roasted pepper, and green onion mixed in cream cheese.
- 1 green bell pepper julienned
- 4 slices of thick cut quality smoked bacon diced
- 8 thin deli-cut slices of turkey ham
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened
- 2 green onions chopped (include the green stalks)
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) whole wheat tortillas (8 in a package)
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven at 425.
Arrange the julienned peppers on a baking sheet covered with foil; add a pinch of salt over the peppers, drizzle with olive oil, and in the oven for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and dice; set aside.
- In the meantime prepare the bacon; dice it and cook it over medium-low heat.
- Remove the bacon and in the same pan where the bacon was cooked, add in the thin slices of turkey ham and cook on each side for about a minute.
- In a deep mixing bowl add in the neufchatel cheese, the bacon, green onions, peppers, and onion salt. Beat with a mixer on the lowest speed setting for about 30 seconds – this will result in a creamier mixture.
Spread a tablespoon of the prepared cheese mixture onto the tortilla and top with a slice of the turkey ham. Repeat this process until you’ve run out of tortillas.
- Roll up the tortillas and place them in a plastic container with a cover.
- Put the rolled up tortillas in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Remove them from the fridge and cut each roll-up crosswise into 5 slices.
- Place the pinwheels in a plastic container, and back to the fridge until you are ready to serve them.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 6
Sign up to get new recipes via email & get an ebook with 9 favorite Thanksgiving Side Dishes!