These charming, colorful and bright Easter Cookie Cups with Coconut Buttercream Frosting are sure to put a smile on your face! You can easily customize this recipe with whatever colors and Easter candy you like!
Easy Easter Cookie Cups
Say hello to the easiest AND cutest Easter dessert/snack/cookie recipe, ever. EVER!
Cookie cups made with refrigerated dough are a quick and easy way to make bite-sized desserts that are perfect for parties. The refrigerated dough eliminates the need for making dough from scratch, making the process much faster and easier. Cookie cups are made by shaping the refrigerated dough into the shape of a cup and then filling it with your favorite filling, like buttercream frosting.
Homemade Buttercream Frosting
Charming, colorful, and bright Easter Cookie Cups with homemade buttercream frosting is what we’re discussing today.
Coconut buttercream frosting is a sweet and creamy frosting that is made with coconut flavoring and butter. This frosting is perfect for adding a tropical twist to your cakes, cupcakes, or other desserts. The creamy texture and coconut flavor make it an ideal choice for any coconut lover.
This frosting is delicious and versatile that adds a tropical, summery, spring twist to any dessert. With its sweet and creamy texture, coconut lovers will enjoy the taste and texture of this frosting. If you don’t like the taste of coconut, feel free to use pure vanilla extract instead. Replace the coconut oil with any other neutral oil.
Kids Love This Easter Cookie Recipe
These Easter cookie cups are easy, and they are face-stuffing worthy. No joke, I popped 3 of ’em in 2.2 seconds. When I reached for the fourth cookie, my 4-year-old started to whine because I was eating her food.
I must be going through a cookie withdrawal phase because that is all I want to eat. Don’t worry; I balance it with a few Banana Oats Chocolate Chip Cookies. Considering I’m being a massive hypocrite and providing you with a recipe with refrigerated cookie dough, I feel the frosting should compensate for it. Right? Ohhhh, wait and see… you will most definitely agree.
With their versatility and customizable options, cookie cups will surely be a hit with everyone. Have a great weekend!!
Easter Cookie Cups with Coconut Buttercream Frosting
- 1 package (16-ounces) refrigerated cookie dough, I've used Sugar Cookie Dough and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough to make these cups
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract or vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- food colors
- Easter Candy
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Grease a 24 mini-muffin pan with baking spray; set aside.
- Press a tablespoon of cookie dough onto the bottom and up the sides of each muffin cup.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely inside the pan.
- Combine butter, powdered sugar, salt, coconut oil and extract in your mixer's bowl.
- Mix on low speed until well blended; increase speed to medium and continue to beat until creamy and smooth.
- Add water; continue to beat until thoroughly combined.
- Add more water if needed for thinner consistency.
- Divide up the frosting into 3 or 4 bowls and mix in 2 to 3 drops of food color into each bowl; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pipe the buttercream into the cooled cookie cups.
- Top each cookie cup with candy, sprinkles, or other food decorations.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.