These charming, colorful and bright Easter Cookie Cups with Coconut Buttercream Frosting are sure to put a smile on your face! You can easily customize this recipe with whatever colors and Easter candy you like!
This Is One Of My Favorite Easy Easter Dessert Ideas
Say hello to the easiest AND cutest Easter dessert/snack/cookie recipe, ever. EVER!
But first. You guys! It’s Friday! It’s my second most favorite day of the week! Sunday is my first. Until 5 p.m.
After 5 p.m., I dislike Sunday just as much as Monday because I get all frantic, trying to finish up all those Sunday to-do things, in an attempt to get something done before the new week starts.
The Homemade Buttercream Frosting Tastes Great With Everything
Also? Yesterday I made Grapefruit Sorbet… um… ew. Not good. I quickly made-up for it by eating a huge bowl of Chocolate Granola with this coconut buttercream frosting on the side. I just had to. I also watched Full House. Then Friends. I ♥ Nick at Nite!
Obviously, my day ended well.
Kids Love This Easter Cookie Recipe
So. Today, you are doing this. Yes, you. Know why? Because these Easter cookie cups are SO easy and they are face-stuffing worthy. No joke, I popped 3 of ’em in 2.2 seconds. When I reached for the fourth cookie, my 4-year old started to whine because I was eating her food. What the?!? When did she learn to talk?
I must be going through a cookie withdrawal phase because that is all I want to eat. Aaaaaand coconut buttercream frosting. OH MY WORD! I can live on this stuff! Don’t worry, I balance it out with a few Banana Oats Chocolate Chip Cookies. Considering I’m being a huge hypocrite and providing you a recipe with refrigerated cookie dough, I feel that the frosting should make up for it. Right? Ohhhh, just wait and see… you will most definitely agree.
Have a great weekend!!
These charming, colorful and bright Easter Cookie Cups with homemade buttercream frosting will make you smile! You can easily customize this recipe with whatever colors and Easter candy you like! #easterdessert #eastercookies #eastercookiesrecipe #cookiecupsrecipe #easyeasterdessert #easterdessertideas #homemadefrosting #coconutbuttercreamfrosting #buttercreamfrostingrecipe #howtomakebuttercreamfrosting
- 1 package (16-ounces) refrigerated Cookie Dough (I've used Sugar Cookie Dough and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough to make these cups)
- 4 tablespoons butter , softened
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract or vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- food colors
- Easter Candy
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 24 mini-muffin pan with baking spray; set aside.
- Press a tablespoon of cookie dough onto bottom and up the sides of each muffin cup.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan.
- Combine butter, powdered sugar, salt, coconut oil and extract in your mixer's bowl.
- Mix on low speed until well blended; increase speed to medium and continue to beat until creamy and smooth.
- Add water; continue to beat until thoroughly combined.
- Add more water if needed for thinner consistency.
- Divide up the frosting into 3 or 4 bowls and mix in 2 to 3 drops of food color into each bowl; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pipe or spoon the buttercream into cooled cookie cups.
- Top each cookie cup with Easter Candy.
RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD