Dark Chocolate Cherry Energy Bites – Studded with dried cherries and loaded with dark chocolate chips, these healthy cookie energy bites are sweet, delicious, and incredibly easy to make! AND you don’t have to bake!
Hey, you guys! It’s the first Monday of the new year… Let’s make it a good one!
Also, since it IS the first Monday of 2015, we must welcome it with a bowl filled with healthified cookies. Err. Energy Bites.
You know what I always say… ‘Tis the season when your body could sue you for treason!’.
It’s true. All that yumminess we just stuffed ourselves with… sheesh! Kale and oats are the only things we should be allowed to eat for the next 10 months.
But now it is the season to make it right with dark chocolate and cherries. And oats and peanut butter. A.K.A., our intervention-ingredients.
Side note: I can’t join you on this bandwagon today because Wednesday is Christmas for me, but let’s pretend. Regardless, I eat cherries and dark chocolate almost every day. Ahem.
Which brings me to… energy bites. Which is really just a low maintenance mash-up of all good things!
This recipe-idea was not born from my brain. Well, partially, it was. It was born from two things that came together; My Fruit & Nut Bars (old recipe) + Pinterest.
Right now, at this very moment, Pinterest = Energy Bites-all-the-things!
Either we are ALL looking for more energy or we are looking for more… oats!? Ummm… I have no clue.
What I CAN clue you in on is that these little treats will satisfy your sweet tooth, your healthy tooth, and your too-lazy-to-bake tooth.
It’s even better when you eat like five (OR twenty) pieces while binge-watching Anthony Bourdain’s “Parts Unknown”. With a glass of Chardonnay on the side.
But I would know nothing about that…
If you have never had bites of energy, there is no better time than now to go and make them. You won’t be disappointed. Buhlieve me!
Dark Chocolate Cherry Energy Bites - No Bake
- 1-1/2 cups quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut flakes
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cups cashew butter or all natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, shredded coconut, dried cherries, chocolate chips, cashew butter OR peanut butter, honey, and vanilla.
- Using a sturdy rubber spatula, mix and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Chill mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and form into balls.
- Place back in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and serve.
Recipe NotesStart with 1/2-cup of nut-butter, but add more nut-butter only if mixture seems dry while shaping it into balls.
Cook Time = Chill Time.1 cookie = 31 grams (1.10 ounces)WW Smart Points: 6