This recipe for Crescent Rolls Pear Tart with Goat Cheese, Walnuts & Honey is so easy to make and cooks in just a few minutes. It’s the perfect pear recipe when you want a quick but delicious dessert.
Crescent Rolls Pear Tart with Goat Cheese, Walnuts & Honey
Is it just me or does this time-change throw everybody off? Especially the kids! My Gosh, I can’t catch a break! The baby wants to go to sleep at 6 p.m., then she’s up at 4 a.m. singing goo goo gah gah in bed…and baby girl is loud. Because of her singing, the 3-year old wakes up, and then it’s a party in the kitchen hours before the rest of the country has brushed their teeth.
The other morning, while the baby was singing in her crib and Ana was jumping, I was in the kitchen fixing lunch for the hubs before he went to work, and this Crescent Rolls Pear Tart for brunch with a friend. She and I both take our kids to preschool in the morning and sometimes we go grab a cup of coffee for the 2 hours that they are in school. But, this time around I invited her to come by our house for coffee and dessert.
This Pear Dessert Recipe Is Quick And Easy To Make
At first I was going to make some cookies, but then I thought that’s too predictable; lets do something different. I opened up the pantry, the fridge, scanned the fruit bowl, and after a little process of elimination, I whipped up this delicious tart that took me minutes to put together. There wasn’t a crust to make, nor to roll, and baking time was long enough to change the baby’s diaper and brush Ana’s hair. Ding! It was done!
I took Ana to school, my friend came by, we ate half the tart, picked up the kids, and play time was over. Back to reality.
If you have a moment, please click over to yesterday’s post and see how you can help the victims of Hurricane Sandy. Thank You!
This recipe for Crescent Rolls Pear Tart with Goat Cheese, Walnuts & Honey is so easy to make and cooks in just a few minutes. It's the perfect pear recipe when you want a quick but delicious dessert.
- 1 can Crescent Rolls
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 3 Anjou Pears , peeled, cored, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- Preheat oven to 375
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease with baking spray
- Unroll the crescent rolls dough without separating it into triangles and put it on the prepared baking sheet
- Crumble the goat cheese on top of the dough
- Put the sliced pears in a medium-sized bowl, add in the lemon juice, light brown sugar, and cinnamon; mix until well incorporated
- Layer the sliced pears, slightly overlapping, over the goat cheese
- Add the chopped walnuts on top of the pears
- Put the tart in the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and let tart stand in the oven for another 3 minutes.
- Make a mixture of honey and water
- Take the tart out of the oven and drizzle with the honey glaze.
- Let cool.
- Serve same day.
WW SmartPoints: 9