This Creamy Keto Chocolate Mousse is an easy low-carb dessert recipe that everybody loves. Rich homemade mousse is topped with whipped cream, fresh raspberries, and chocolate shavings.
Looking for more low-carb desserts? Try my low carb chocolate fudge cake.
A Decadent Low-Carb Keto Chocolate Mousse
Chocolate mousse is one of the most indulgent desserts ever, and this version is low in carbs and Keto-friendly! It only takes 5 minutes and 5 ingredients to make this smooth and rich chocolate mousse. You can top it with all of your favorite chocolate pairings!
This classic no-bake treat is perfect for when you’re craving something sweet, and it’s my go-to dessert when I’m trying to lay off the carbs. I love making this Keto chocolate mousse for friends and family because it’s so easy, very quick, and absolutely satisfying. Hits the chocolate-craving-spot each and every time.
What Makes this Chocolate Mousse Keto?
This chocolate mousse is made with powdered sweetener to keep it Keto-friendly. If you’re on the Keto diet, you should also be sure to use at least 75% dark cocoa powder in your mousse.
Even though this dessert is low-carb and Keto, I promise it still has the amazing flavor and texture you love about chocolate mousse!
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Vanilla Extract
- Cocoa Powder
- Powdered Sweetener: Adjust the amount of sweetener you add to suit your taste.
- Salt: You’ll only need a pinch of salt to complete your mousse.
- Chocolate Shavings
- Whipped Cream
How to Make Keto Chocolate Mousse
- Whip Heavy Cream & Vanilla: Combine the heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract in the bowl of your electric mixer; whip with the whisk attachment(s) on medium speed until thickened and creamy, but not stiff.
- Add Cocoa, Sweetener & Salt: Add the cocoa powder, sweetener and salt; increase the mixing speed to high and continue to mix until stiff peaks form.
- Assemble & Serve: Spoon the mousse into small serving bowls and top with chocolate shavings, whipped cream, and raspberries.
Tips for the Best Chocolate Mousse
- Adjust to Taste: Before you assemble your mousse cups, taste the mousse and make sure you’re satisfied with the amount of sweetener you used.
- Don’t Over-Whip Cream & Vanilla: Stop whisking your heavy cream and vanilla when the mixture just thickens and becomes creamy. You don’t want stiff peaks to form before you add your other ingredients.
- Mix Until Stiff Peaks Form: Once you add your cocoa powder, sweetener and salt, mix your mousse until it is the consistency of mousse. Test for stiff peaks by slowly lifting the beater out of the mousse. If it spikes up and stays that way, your mousse is ready.
Keto-Friendly Topping Ideas
- Sea Salt: If you’re a fan of sweet and salty treats, try topping your mousse with a sprinkle of coarse sea salt.
- Unsweetened Coconut: I love topping my keto chocolate mousse with some shredded coconut.
- Strawberries: Top your mousse with strawberry slices to give chocolate covered strawberries a run for their money!
- Mint Leaves: Mint leaves make a beautiful garnish for this creamy chocolate mousse.
How to Store Chocolate Mousse
- Leftover mousse should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will stay good for up to 5 days.
- You can also chill your mousse in the fridge for an hour or two before you add your toppings if you prefer a colder and firmer mousse.
More Low Carb Dessert Recipes
Tools Used in this Recipe
Creamy Keto Chocolate Mousse
- Combine heavy cream and vanilla in the bowl of your electric mixer; whip with the whisk attachment(s) on medium speed until thickened and creamy, but not stiff.
- Add cocoa powder, sweetener and salt; increase speed to high and continue to mix until you reach a creamy mousse consistency and peaks are stiff.
- Spoon mousse into serving bowls.
- Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and raspberries.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Electric Mixer
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.