Cranberry Upside-Down Tart made with Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets and topped with a delicious homemade cranberry sauce mixture.
Pies, tarts, cranberries, pecans… People, the Holidays are near! EEEEK! This is the life!
Do you know just how much I love this time of year? This much! I get to do a whole lot of my favorite thing, which is bake, and my next favorite thing, eat.
Which reminds me, one of my life’s personal pleasures is getting to share my love for baking and eating with you. And I also love it when I get the chance to introduce you to my few simple baking shortcuts, if you will.
When preparing for those big Holiday meals, I try to create a menu that is somewhat stress-free, but also delicious and beautiful. I want to enjoy the day just like everyone else – being in the kitchen the entire time is not my definition of jolly good ol’ time, ya know!? I’ll slave over the turkey and that one signature side dish, but everything else is fair game.
If you open up my freezer at any given time you will always find a sleeve, or 10, of Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets. Remember those Mustard Batons?! SO GOOD! I also have a stash of Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Shells – you never know when you’re going to need ‘em!
For this particular Cranberry Upside-Down Puff Pastry Tart I simply used Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets to create a delicious, flaky crust, paired with my easy homemade cranberry sauce and a delicious, buttery, brown sugar mixture.
The tart was divided into eight pieces and eaten within 12 minutes. It took me about 30 minutes to prepare it and half the time to inhale it. There was coffee, wine, a few dishes and lots of whipped cream. SO GOOD! My father had more than the rest of us; in fact he said he would like one whole tart all for himself. He also volunteered to buy the needed ingredients and have me make it again for Christmas Day. I don’t blame the guy – we’re talking about a flaky, sweet, and very festive dessert that is also quick, easy and beautiful!
Using Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, I can always prepare a bite of deliciousness that everyone enjoys.
You can also connect with Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry on Facebook.
Cranberry Upside-Down Puff Pastry Tart
- Butter for pan
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheet , thawed
- 1 egg , lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped nuts (walnuts, pistachios, pecans, etc...)
- whipped cream or cool whip
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place a baking sheet on bottom rack to catch any drippings.
- Butter an 8-inch springform pan; set aside.
- Place the cranberries, sugar, and water in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Press brown sugar on bottom of previously prepared sprinform pan.
- Drizzle melted butter over brown sugar.
- Spread prepared cranberry sauce on top of brown sugar.
- Lightly flour your working area and slightly roll out thawed pastry sheet.
- Place springform pan over pastry sheet; using a knife cut around the pan.
- Take the round cut-out pastry sheet and place over cranberry sauce. Pull on the sides of dough so that it completely covers the cranberries.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Cut a few slits in the dough.
- Bake on middle rack for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edges and carefully snap open the springform pan.
- Place a round plate on top of the tart and carefully flip it over.
- Slowly remove bottom of cake pan.
- Let sit for a few more minutes; the sauce will thicken as it stands.
- Add chopped nuts.
- Cut and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry. The opinions and text are all mine.
18 comments on “Cranberry Upside-Down Puff Pastry Tart”
creative cranberry dessert!
Thank you, Dina!! 🙂
I love the ease of using the puff pastry sheets instead of traditional pastry. What a great idea!
Hooray for cranberries (I’m hoarding several bags this year!). Until I’m motivated enough to make my own puff pastry dough, Pepperidge Farm’s is the nest best solution. This tart is breathtaking!!
So easy and so gorgeous – a holiday dessert at its best!
Am I missing something? I don’t see the recipe anywhere. This looks delish, Can you please provide? Thanks!
Hi Jen! Thanks so much for letting me know!! This morning I had to fix my rss feed and it somehow erased the recipe on this post! EEEK! It’s there now! 🙂 THANK YOU!!!
Thank you so much! That was quick!!
Cranberries and Puff Pastry is at the top of my favorite things list! So very pretty!
What a great little treat with cranberries! I’ve never baked with cranberries and this definitely looks like a great dessert to start with! Thanks for sharing this!
I love baking with cranberries this time of the year, and love your creative (and quick!) dessert.
I love, love how easy and gorgeous this is!
What a great idea. My family would love this too.
If I buy the ingredients will you make ME one of my own? 😀 This is a beautiful tart and I love what you have done with the puff pastry! I need to get some of this to try.
Yes, I’m with your dad. Make one especially for me and let me dive in. I don’t have to share.
The tart looks very colourful for the holidays.
I can never say no to cranberries or puff pastry dessert! Gorgeous!
Such a great easy dessert! Fresh cranberries are awesome to bake with.