Do you have a blog crush? Like a serious food blog crush? I do. In fact, I am crushing on a few food blogs right about now. My very first crush was on Simply Recipes way before I had a food blog. I then started to crush on a million others … I am still crushing on all of them. Especially those that have a lot of brownies in their recipe index.
I fall in love with one or two, or ten blogs at a time. My food blog crush, as of late, is on Une Gamine Dans la Cuisine. I think that means, A Girl in the Kitchen. I think. I took 4 years of French and learned almost nothing. Almost.
Valerie, the author, is way awesome. Way. She can bake, she can write, she can photograph… She’s also funny. In a sarcastic-way-funny. And she’s a NKOTB fan! Need I say more!?
Oh yeah, I do. I was going somewhere with this. She makes brownies!
One day, while I was
stalking browsing her blog, I jotted down this brownie recipe, gave it a day, and whipped it up. Um…whoa! It’s fab and fudgy. Only thing I did different was I added some chocolate mousse on top instead of ganache… Nothing against ganache. I love ganache! I just felt like eating Chocolate Mousse Brownies that day. It’s so good!
You should make these brownies ASAP! You will definitely enjoy them as much as we did. These were polished off in less than a day, and that’s only because none of us wanted to look like a pig in front of one another. Otherwise, these babies would have been gone the moment I put them on the table.
Chocolate Mousse Brownies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks butter , melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cold heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cups cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- Grated chocolate for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with foil and grease lightly with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, brown sugar, melted butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet until combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with few moist crumbs.
- Place the pan onto a cooling rack and let cool completely
- In the meantime, prepare the chocolate mousse frosting.
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whip until mixture holds a stiff peak.
- Remove the cooled brownies from the pan by holding onto the sides of the foil.
- Spread the chocolate mousse frosting over the entire cake; cut into squares, garnish with grated chocolate, and serve.
WW SmartPoints: 16