Cherry-Lime Mascarpone Cookie Cups: Refrigerated sugar-cookie dough baked into a cup and filled with a creamy, flavorful mascarpone mixture made with cherry liqueur and lime juice.
I had evvvery intention of making you a fancy cherry cake. One that would include butter and flour and copious amounts of sugar… Instead, I reached for the refrigerated cookie-dough and made you these ohmeGod, amayyyyzing, bite-size, insanely good, Cherry-Lime Mascarpone Cookie Cups.
Baking from scratch on a hot summer day takes too much effort, you know? Besides, I had plans – I had to take the kids to the zoo.
Which reminds me… have I told you about how I don’t like zoos?? I always feel really, really bad for the animals! I think, oh my gosh, they are caged up only because people like me are willing to pay to come and see them in an environment that is not their own!! They can’t hunt, they can’t run, they just can’t do their thing! I just feel horrible!
I’m telling you – zoos are fun, but not right. Just my opinion.
But, on the other hand, I am willing to eat some of their meat… so yeah… a bit of a hypocrite, I know.
SO, as I stood in my kitchen and evaluated my desire to make a cake, I thought, are my readers willing to bake-from-scratch in the middle of July?? Maybe not. Are my readers willing to bake a fancy dessert that requires all of about 15 minutes? Of course they are!!
And you know what’s really amazing? How these cookie cups just happen. While in the oven, it looks like you completely botched ’em up, but as soon as they come out, the middle deflates and your cookie cup is ready to be taken to the next level. And the next level could be anything you want.
For the reasons that I like to keep tubs of mascarpone in my fridge, aaaand because I like to spend 20$ on a 2-pound bag of cherries (crazy-expenzivo!), I decided on a filling that would include those two babes, plus a squeeze of my summer-favorite, lime juice.
Sweet and chewy, fresh and summery, these cookie cups are a delectable treat. A very, very good treat. Buhlieve.
- 1 tube (16.5-oz.) Refrigerated Sugar-Cookie Dough (I used Pillsbury)
- 1 tub (8-oz.) Mascarpone cheese (Italian Cream Cheese)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 limes , juiced
- 1 tablespoon cherry liqueur (if you don't have any, you can use vanilla extract)
- 24 fresh cherries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 24 mini-muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Press a tablespoon of cookie dough onto bottom and up the sides of each muffin cup.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool completely in the pan.
- Combine mascarpone, powdered sugar, lime juice and cherry liqueur in your mixer's bowl; with electric mixer on medium-high, cream the mixture until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Remove cooled cookie cups from pan.
- Spoon or pipe the mascarpone mixture into the cooled cookie cups.
- Garnish with a fresh cherry on top of each cookie cup.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD The Cookie Cups will stay good for 3 to 4 days, as long as they are refrigerated. Remove from fridge and let stand on counter for 10 minutes before you are ready to serve.
WW SmartPoints: 2
Sign up to get new recipes via email & get an ebook with 9 favorite Thanksgiving Side Dishes!